Monday, January 18, 2010

Seattle

While in Washington we took the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. It is about a 45 minute ride and gives beautiful views of Seattle. We were worried that there wouldn't be any views because when we left there was quite a bit of fog! However, once we got to the Olympic Peninsula where was no fog. It was a beautiful, but cold day.

We went with Jeff's brother Jason and his girlfriend Jenny. The whole idea of it was to show Jenny a little bit of Washington. This view below is one from the ferry with the Olympic Mountain Range in the background.



This is the view coming into Seattle. I love how the moon is in the upper right hand corner. This was about mid-day when we went up.


After getting off the ferry we went and found parking, which took forever and went to lunch on the water. Then we went to Pike Place Market. It is a fun street market with so many different things- flowers, food, art, and much, much more. It is most famous for its flying fish. While we were there we saw them throw a fake fish at this woman and it really scared her because she thought they were going to throw a real one! Jason wanted squeaky cheese, so we went and found the cheese curds before leaving the market. When we left we decided to go to Queen Anne hill to get the best view of the Space Needle with Mount Rainier. Below were some of the views.


We had a lot of fun going around and seeing some sights of Seattle. It was nice to not have to worry about the girls and what they were getting into (thanks to Jeff's parents for watching them!), but I kept thinking of different things they would enjoy. I love the beauty of Washington, and was glad to be able to enjoy a little more of it!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Hey! Thanks a ton for your response to my post! Also, Jenny is the coolest girl ever. She was the teacher (I'm pretty sure it's her) of my basketball class a year ago at BYU. Coolest ever. If he blows it.... (shaking my head)

ashley g. said...

Ahhh- Washington looks beautiful. So jealous of your kid-free touring! How luxurious!

And you and your husband are adorable. Did you know that?

Colette Goodman said...

Your trip looks dreamy. We are suppose to go to seattle with Cooper's family this year. I hope it works out.

Jordan and Jodi said...

WOW-Seattle is BEAUTIFUL! I've only been to the airport there. I'll definitely tell Jordan to apply for an internship there! SWEET! Thanks for sharing the great pictures! Looks like tons of fun with hubby!