Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Family Reunion- Hippie Style

The week after Trek, we went to a family reunion for my mom's side of the family.  The theme was, "Peace, Love, and Family Reunions."  Corny, I know, but it was a family reunion, and it was fun!  We were in the great outdoors in camping cabins (meaning, the only thing in them were our beds).  We had a nice area to meet together and have meals together, and a big open space for the kids to run in.  It was mainly dirt, so my kids were filthy!  But they had a blast.  It was warm, but not quite as hot as the Valley was, so it was nice. :)  It was good to get away again, but by the end I was grateful that we weren't going to be so dirty the next week.  And now the pictures, which will tell more of the story.
 
I brought some crafts for my girls to do.  Claire loved painting her fairy magnet.
 Spencer getting all dirty.  Look at that smile!


 Eating dinner.  Some days my kids only ate portions of it, but oh well.  Such is the life of a mom with picky kids!
 Lydia happy of all the freedom she got running around!
 My kids playing with my cousins.  They loved having all the other kids around!


 We tie-dyed shirts for family pictures.  I wore gloves most of the time, and then on the last shirt I was lazy and didn't grab gloves.  Oops.  This is what my hands looked like.  Jeff, being my corny husband, looked at my hands, then suddenly grabbed them and said, "I caught you red handed!"  It was funny.
 Walking around....

 Spencer was playing with a bat, and Uncle Ryan was helping him for a little bit.

 She was making goofy faces for the camera, and this was one of them.
 Family pictures
 My grandparents
 Ryan and Rondy and Bradley
 Natalie and Ben and Samuel
 My parents
 Kimia and her kids (Jeff got there that night)
 Everyone who made it there for pictures!
 The only ones missing were Jeff and Andrew
 My parents with all 7 grandkids.  Spencer was really made about this, and Samuel wasn't too happy either, and Bradley started getting a little fussy too.  And Claire and Anita didn't really want to smile.  Haha, I guess that is what happens when you have 7 kids 5 and younger!
 My mom with her parents and siblings

 My 3 cute kids!
 They were excited when Aubrey drove them up in the 4 wheeler
 We went on a little hike and a butterfly landed on my dad.  I think he is trying to get it on Lydia in this picture.

 Later, Jeff went on a hike with Ben and he got this great pano of Workman Creek Falls.
We had a great time at the reunion.  Thanks to everyone who planned it and made the effort to get up there!  :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. You're doing a great job blogging! Keep it up!
Love you bunches!!