Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Introducing....

Our sweet baby boy, Hyrum Richard! 

He was born June10th at 8:51pm, and weighed 7 lbs 10 oz, and was 21 inches long.  His birth is a miracle to me, and I have yet to decide if I want to share it. The part I will share, is he was breech at my 38 week appointment, and due to his position there was no way to flip him safely in the womb.  The safest way to have him born, for both him and me, was to have a C-section.  We scheduled the C-section for June 10th, and then when I was being prepped for the C-section they did an ultrasound, only to realize that he had flipped and was head down.  We decided to break my water and he was born almost 4 hours later.  I am so grateful that he came safely and that I didn't have to have a C-section.  My little miracle! Here are a few pictures from his birth and afterwards.

Holding my sweet boy soon after birth.

 I still can't believe how big he was.  He was 13 oz heavier than Claire, who previously had been my heaviest. He is my longest though. 
 Mommy and Daddy that night after his birth.

 The next day.  I love this picture!  So fresh from heaven....
 Our first family picture as a family of 6.  The kids were so excited to meet him!  And they love Hyrum so much.  I feel so blessed.
 Our sweet little guy on Father's Day.  He looks so cute in this outfit!  I think it is my favorite Sunday outfit for him so far.
Welcome to our family Hyrum!  We love you!

3 comments:

stacey said...

Beautiful pictures, in this post about Hyrum and in your sidebar! :) I'm so glad he flipped for you, that is wonderful! We'll have our family picture of six soon, hooray! (I'm due in October with another girl.) Congratulations!

Beth said...

You have such a beautiful family. We are so happy that all worked out so well for you and that sweet little Hyrum is healthy and strong. Love you!

The Wengerts said...

Congratulations!!! Handsome addition to the family, and we're glad everything went well.