Saturday, September 22, 2007

Funny stuff and camping

Well, not a lot has been going on at our house lately. What with school starting up again (Jeff has been a grad student for over a month now!!) and having recently moved in we were getting settled and not much has been going on.
However, lately Lydia has done some pretty funny things that I want to share. So I'll display some pictures with dialouge to explain.

Lydia with Daddy in her "Lydia Jane" dress. My mother-in-law bought this because it said "Lydia" on it. The thing she didn't know is that my great-grandmother's name (who is part of the reason we named Lydia Lydia) is Lydia Jane.
Here is Lydia asleep in her high chair. I swear, I had just given her some food, turned away for about 2 to 3 minutes, realized it was REALLY quiet, turned back, and she was asleep. Crazy!!
So our ward did a Daddy/Daughter Campout and Jeff really wanted to go. However, Lydia doesn't go to sleep for Daddy, so Jeff decided to bring me along (they asked if it would be okay). Thus, the Daddy/Daughter Campout turned into a family campout for us. I wasn't the only mother there because my cousin's husband really wanted to go, and their little girl doesn't go to sleep without mommy. So we had fun! We were glad to go on the trip to get out of the valley heat and cool off a little!!

Here is a picture of Lydia on the campout. She just loved to be the little explorer!! She would fall over and not whine or anything. But as soon as we picked her up to come back she wasn't very happy!!
Here is Lydia "giving herself a bath." I was sitting in the front room and suddenly realized the house was really quiet. So I went to investigate and found Lydia in our room with a washcloth and her bath soap pretending to wash herself up. It was really cute!! :)
Anyhow, that is what has been going on with us. We hope that you are all doing well and love to hear from you!!

No comments: