Sunday, February 17, 2008

Making Cookies

Lydia loves to be in the kitchen when I am making any kind of food. She loves to be involved and stir and try to help. I have been wanting cookies lately, chocolate chip specifically, and decided that Lydia and I would make some. I thought that this would be a fun Valentine's activity that we could do together, and Lydia seemed to really enjoy it!

Here is the beginning with all of the ingredients that we needed for making cookies.

Adding the brown sugar to the bowl.

Stirring in the chocolate chips.

Of course, one must always lick the beaters after making cookies. It makes the cookies taste better that way!

Enjoying one of her yummy cookies!!! Mommy and Daddy enjoyed them too!!

It was fun to make the cookies with Lydia. She really had a blast. When I was putting batter onto the cookie pans, she would sneak some cookie dough and look at me like, that was good Mommy. I finally had to move the dough so that we would have enough for the cookies! (and so she wouldn't get sick)

It was funny to watch her as I would check on the cookies because she wanted to check on them too!! She also told me that the oven was hot, and made sure that I knew that! :) At first she wanted nothing to do with the cookie and just looked at it and pushed it back to me. Once I gave her a little piece to try, she decided that the cookie was okay and seemed to enjoy it. The rest of the cookies were mainly eaten by Mommy and Daddy. She had a few more, but not many. She is such a character when it comes to food. One day she loves it, and the next day she wants nothing to do with it! I guess that is what happens as they reach the picky stages of eating.

Now that I have made you all hungry, go pour a big glass of milk and imagine you are eating a gooey chocolate chip cookie!! Bon Appétit!!

5 comments:

stacey said...

I'll tell you what this made me think of/remember:

Michelle to Jeff: "Fingers out!"

You let your baby eat the dough but not your husband, eh? :)

Michelle said...

I had to laugh when I read your comment. I vaguely remember that and having you guys over at the time. Funny times!

Yeah, I guess maybe I'm a little biased, but oh well. You gotta try cookie dough. Besides, I did end up moving it so she wouldn't get anymore!!:)

sunny said...

So, cute! I love her outfit. The skirt is adorable. And I'm so excited for the new little girl coming! Take care and take it easy!

Boyle Family said...

I love the pictures. Hannah loves to bake too. We end up having too many cookies around the house and she likes to request them for her breakfast. How are you feeling? Not much longer!

stacey said...

haha, No worries, I am totally a dough-eater. Someone needs to eat it to make sure it is good, like you said. The problem in our house is that Jeff would much prefer the dough over cookies, and thus eats about 5 cookies' worth of dough if I'm not careful. I just laughed because in our house we refer to your "fingers out" just about every time I tell Jeff I'd rather him not sample so much of something. :) I think he even said it himself tonight but I don't remember why. It just comes out. Only a few more weeks till Claire is here!!!!