Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summertime.....

...when it is blazing HOT! *

Play dress-up (and wear as many as you possibly can....)

Look cool in (my sister's) shades...
Be silly, and sit in our doll strollers.....

Color with sidewalk chalk...
" Swim" in a bucket on the patio.... (Here Lydia is about to blow bubbles)
It is more just to have fun playing in the water, although we do go swimming in a regular pool too! :)
Become obsessed with the potty and want to sit on it ALL the time.... (even though nothing happens when she sits there, she thinks she is pretty cool)....Maybe this will lead to early potty training? Don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up, we are just going to see where she wants to go with this!
Be silly with mommy...

Become a little bit of a Daddy's girl... (I love the way Claire is looking at Jeff in this picture. It shows how much she loves him.)
Use our matching aprons...

and overall have fun!! Even when Daddy goes on a trip with the young men, we have fun!

We hope you are all having a wonderful summer too! (Although I can't believe school is starting up again soon!)


*(actual words read "when all the world is green." But that doesn't always apply in AZ, because not very many lawns are green here in the valley; they are mostly brown. At least if you have a lawn they generally are brown, or there are desert landscapes, or attempts at them any way. Check it out in The Children's Song book page 245.)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

You have such cute girls. And when i read your title, I did sing it aloud....to the tune of the Klondike bar jingle.

Molly said...

Well it's good to know that someone is reading my blog, well I know my fam is, but they don't bother to comment. Anyway, I am feeling so much better today!!! Also, i love all your new pictures, it really makes me smile to see how blonde lydia is when both you and jeff have such dark hair. They are both adorable though, have a great week.

Jamie W. said...

That's what I do in the summertime : ) Cute matching dresses. Claire is obsessed with the potty!! That's great she's soooo little. Your girls are adorable!!

Boyd Family said...

Man, I wish we had a little bit of your warmth. Here we are 49 degrees with our jackets on and eating soup for dinner. It looks like the girls are finding plenty to do. We miss you guys.