Thursday, July 22, 2010

Funny Things from Claire....

And you all thought I forgot this post. No I didn't, it is just that things have been busy. So while I get ready to update, here are some funny things from Claire. Again, some are old, but I still want to share. :)

Claire has been wanting her Daddy a lot lately. The first morning that Jeff was gone on his trip to Germany, Claire had a melt down. She asked where Daddy was and I told her he was on a plane to Germany. As the news sinks in, she looks at me and announces, "I lost him!"

While Jeff was in Germany, we were discussing how Daddy got to Germany. I told them that he went in an airplane. Later, we saw a helicopter out the car window and Claire said, "Daddy took a helicopter to Germany." No matter how hard I tried to tell her that wouldn't work she was insistent that he took a helicopter. Silly girl.

One day Claire came home from going to the store, just her and Jeff. She walked in and said, "I'm Home!!"

We have been working on potty readiness with Claire. Basically encouraging her to use the toilet, talking about the bathroom, wearing panties, reading books about it, and the sort. Claire is interested somewhat, but not completely. One day she said, "I'm going potty!" I got all excited until I saw what she was sitting on:
Yes, that is a reusable flushable wipes container. Oh well. At least she gets the idea that you sit on something to go!

I have this story thanks to my cousin relaying it to me. I dropped the girls off at Jennifer's house while I went to a doctor's appointment. I left a little bag that had diapers and wipes in it. Apparently Jennifer's son, Logan, wanted to play with it (he is 2 months younger than Claire). Claire was not very happy about this arrangement and s Jennifer is trying to figure out what is going on, Claire suddenly says, "It's not hims, it's I's!"

It seems like every few months we have gone to wedding receptions. We went to my cousin's the middle of May, and the end of May we showed up at another one. As we pulled into the parking lot and told them what we were there for Claire says, "Yay! We are at the reception!" Apparently she likes them. :)

And soon I'll update you with all the fun stuff that has been going on in our lives. Or, more accurately put, I'll journal some stuff and you can read it. :)

3 comments:

Marie said...

That is HILARIOUS about her sitting on the wipes container. It does kind of look like a potty - for a doll ;) Thanks for sharing the cute story!

Bev said...

That girl is pretty darn funny!! I love your new fam pic!! Awesome!

Sue Boyd said...

I'll bet that Jeff says "I'm home" when he comes through the door! We LOVE your posts Michelle! THANX!