Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Long Time

Well, it has been a long time since I last blogged. A lot has happened, and I said I would "catch up," and I haven't. I keep thinking that I will, but who knows when I'll have time. So, to suffice family and friends with pictures, and a few antecdotes, here we go.

Spencer
He is doing well. He is growing, much to his big sister's dismay (Lydia keeps saying she wants to say prayers that he'll stay a baby), sucking on his fist, blowing bubbles, smiling alot and occasionally sleeping for 7 hours (he did this at least 3 or 4 times, and I keep hoping for more). He coos up a storm, and I love it! He has wild hair and I have no clue how I'll ever make it look decent (thank you double cowlicks...). And here are some pictures of our handsome boy.

This one is one of my favorite's from Spencer's blessing day. I got some other pictures in his cute little suit. December 5, 2010

We caught some of our sweet boy's smiles on camera. This is one of my favorites. January 2, 2011
And this was shortly after a bath. Look at that hair! January 15, 2011

Claire

Claire is slowly learning to use the potty (sorry if that is TMI, but I am SOO excited!), and is doing okay. She can be so stubborn sometimes (hmm...where does she get that I wonder?). She loves to dress herself and often it includes a pair of pants and a skirt.... She loves to color, and one of these days I'll get a picture of her coloring. She loves doing anything that Lydia does. The other day we were in the car and Jeff sneezed. She said, "I can do that too!" and proceeded to make several fake sneezes. It was pretty funny. And then she said, "I can do it in German too!" and proceeded to fake sneeze again. Haha!!

Here is one of her mismatched days. I called it a holiday outfit. Halloween socks, Christmas/winter pants and skirt, and a heart shirt for Valentines. November 27, 2010

Eating cookie dough from the bowl. Pretty inventive I would say. :) December 4, 2010
Another mismatched outfit. I called it her striped outfit. There were all different kinds of stripes. December 6, 2010

Lydia
Lydia LOVES being a big sister. If Spencer is upset she tries to comfort him, if Claire gets hurt she comforts her (I had the privilege of watching one of these experiences without them knowing it...It was so sweet!), she always wants to hold Spencer, and is constantly trying to mother Claire. She is creative (she built her own computer- see below for details, and loves to form clubhouses out of anything and everything), she loves learning, and she loves books. She can be funny too. At the grocery store she kept saying she saw a watermelon. I didn't see it, just the mangoes. I told her they were mangoes, but she insisted. I looked again, and noticed that there was a watermelon balloon. I remarked that yes, there was a watermelon, but it was a balloon. Claire then said, "Oooo, that looks yummy!" Lydia then replied, "Claire, if you ate that, it would pop in your mouth." I think what made it so funny was listening to the store clerk laughing at them! I can't believe that this year she will start Kindergarten (yes it is 7 months away, but still...I can't believe it!). She is growing up so much.

Here is one of Lydia's being a good big sister moments. In trying to help Claire go potty on the toilet, she brought the potty to Claire.... And yes, there is toilet paper too. December 8, 2010
Here is her homemade computer. A box, with paper glued to it. The one on the wall is the screen and you close it to turn the computer off. The one glued to the box has the alphabet written on it, and the girls names. That is the keyboard. The mouse is the baby rattle. I thought it was very clever. :) January 7, 2011
Here is Claire with their creation, they were both very proud.
Lydia loves to hold Spencer! :) January 17, 2011
Well, there is a little bit on our family. We hope you are all doing well!

9 comments:

Marie said...

These are fabulous pictures! I enjoyed catching up with you guys. The kids are all getting so big! I especially love the picture of Claire eating the cookie dough. That must be the McClellan in her coming through ;)

Shelly Beth said...

Such cute kids. Love the little updates. Don't they grow up so fast?

Sue Boyd said...

Thanx for the blog update . . . LOVE all the pictures. Hugs to the kids . . .

Beth said...

I LOVE Spencer's sweet smile and the girls with their computer. Thanks for sharing the cute pics!

Bev said...

Adorable, both pics and comments. You DO have the cutest kids!!!

Celeste said...

Adorable babes, girl! You and Jeff are doing such a great job helping these little ones to grow. The pics of Claire's outfits are FABULOUS. Keep a watch on her - she has a knack for patterns!

Kristen said...

I love Claire's outfits, too. SHe and Piper have a very similar design/fashion philosophy, it seems. More is best, I think is how it goes...

ashley g. said...

I can't get over his hair! He is so smoochable! Congrats again! And yes- I can say "so smoochable" in english almost as good as I can sneez in german. That girl is a RIOT!

Anonymous said...

Lydia will probably be like the ctr's in our primary with little siblings in sunbeams. They mother them and tell them what to do during sharing time! It's a riot to watch. Aunt Julie