Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sedona

Jeff and I headed up to Sedona for Labor Day Weekend. We were able to leave the girls with my parents, (which they were very excited for!) and have some much needed time together.

Sedona is known for its beautiful red rocks, and we captured some perfectly the first night we were there with a beautiful sunset.

One day we drove a little south of Sedona and went to Out of Africa. It is a wildlife park and preserve with lots to see! They have different areas to see the animals, there is a tour where you can even feed the animals, and there are some animal shows. We were able to see the tigers up close in the Tiger Splash show. Here we watched some of the natural instincts of the tigers showcased by their trainers. It was a really neat show! Occasionally I was amazed that nothing happened to them. We road the tram around the park and then when we realized that some things weren't as far as they looked on the map, we walked a little. Jeff rented some lenses before we left so he could take pictures. It was fun to see him play with them and try to get the best shot. It was nice to be together.

These were 2 cute little love birds (what kind of bird they are I am not sure, but I like how Jeff captured them with their beaks together).
Part of Tiger Splash. Look at that leap! The people who work with the tigers were very respectful of the tiger's power. It was amazing to watch!






On the tour we went on, you could feed the giraffes carrot sticks. That is me feeding the giraffe. Some people even put the carrots in their mouths and let the giraffe lick it out of their mouth.
When we were there, these zebra foals were only 5 days old. I didn't realize that when they are brand new their stripes are brown.
I finally told Jeff that we needed pictures of us in there too. This is the only one with one of our faces in it from the whole day!

One night we went to the little airport in Sedona and watched the sunset. It was quite windy, but fun so watch the beauty of nature.


We were also able to go on a short hike (after waiting FAR too long to get into the parking lot). I was a little concerned about hiking while being 7 months pregnant, so we decided we would make it short. It was only about an hour and we stopped to rest a lot. It was beautiful and a wonderful way to end our time together.




On the way home we got stuck in some really bad traffic. If I remember correctly we didn't move much for a little while. I was really glad when we got out of it and were able to make it back home and pick up our girls! I think we were more excited to see them than they were to see us. They had so much fun that they wanted to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching them!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can tell you had a great time. I think we should head up that way some day. We were so happy to have your girls with us while you were gone. We hadn't lived close by for long and were still soaking up the newness of being able to see you and your girls more often. Thanks for trusting us with your sweet children!

Celeste said...

Those photos are amazing!! Hurrah for baby-moons!