Wednesday, March 2, 2011

October Happenings....

Okay... this is just going to be one big long post with a lot of pictures and narratives... :)

Crazy Rain

The beginning of October brought some crazy rain for us down here. Rain, hail, wind...you get the picture. When it wasn't too bad, the girls decided to play in it. Here is how you play in the rain in AZ when you don't really have the proper rain gear.





Dress-Up funnies

After we moved, we were pretty worn out. There was one day where the girls fell asleep in their dress-ups on the couch. It was pretty funny.



There was another day where I was watching Alex, my friend Heather's little boy. The girls decided he needed to dress up too, but we don't have many boy themed dress-ups, thus Alex ended up being dressed up as a princess. I was pretty amused! (Sorry it is so dark! He is wearing a dress-up skirt, and at one point they put a crown on his head. :))


Pumpkin Patch

The week before Halloween, we went to a pumpkin patch. The girls had a blast. They got their faces painted, picked and decorated a pumpkin, played in the bounce house and on playground and got to go on a hayride. Whew! I on the other hand was grateful to be going home soon.


We took so many pictures of them sitting in the pumpkins!
This one below is the only one where they were both looking at the camera and look decent. There were many more funny looking ones. :)

Halloween

This year for Halloween the girls dressed up as characters from The Wizard of Oz. I was crazy and decided in the midst of being pregnant and moving that I would make their costumes. Lydia was Dorothy, and I got the idea for her costume from The Family Fun magazine. I adapted it a little and sewed it instead of doing the no-sew option so that it would last a little longer. Claire was Glinda the good witch. Most people just thoght she was a princess since my energy only lasted so long and I didn't get a big tall crown made that would have made it obvious who she was, but we had fun!






The girls got to go to 2 Halloween carnivals, one with my parent's neighborhood, and another with our ward. I am grateful that my parents were willing to take my girls since at that point I was having a lot of contractions and "trying" to not have Spencer just yet. Jeff was a good sport and took the girls around at our ward's party while I sat on a chair and just enjoyed (or at least tried to enjoy) watching my kids have fun in the midst of my contractions.

Claire is my child that does not like scary things. At my parent's party there was a boy with a wolf mask that scared her. The boy recognized that she was scared and took his mask off to show her it wasn't real. Later she asked to see him again. Lydia and Claire did love seeing all of the costumes and when they told me what they did they were telling me more about the costumes than the activities they did.

Getting ready for Spencer

Right before we moved, my friends gave me a suprise baby shower. I was totally suprised as the excuse they had given me for what we were doing was very valid and I completely believed it. I remember walking in and still not getting it for a few minutes. It was a lot of fun, and I am grateful to have such wonderful friend's. Lisa made this cute diaper cake as part of the decorations. :)


During our move I started to have contractions irregularly. Since I was 34 1/2 weeks pregnant, we didn't want our little man coming just yet; so, I took it easy as best I could. I would start feeling better, and then the week before I had Spencer I started having contractions much more regularly every evening. My family was giving me a little baby shower and I was trying to make it to at least until the shower, and hopefully longer (my doctor didn't give me much hope though as I was dialated and having a lot of contractions).

I made it to the baby shower (It was fun!), and even church the next day, which was Halloween. I did NOT want to have a Halloween baby, and kept counting down the hours until it wouldn't be Halloween. Little did I know that this little guy was going to be coming sooner than I thought. Fortunately, after we got home from my parent's house, we got some pictures of Jeff "kissing" Spencer. We had done that with our girls, and I am so glad we got them when we did since I had him the next day. :) Lydia took these next two with Jeff in them. Didn't she do a good job?

After Lydia took the pictures with Jeff kissing my belly, she decided she wanted one too. We probably would have gotten one with Claire too, but she had fallen asleep on the short drive back to our house. :)
So that was October... And if you made it to the end, Kudos to you! That was a long post. :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

HA! I remember being at the shower and Jennifer and I both being worried about you going into labor!

Sue Boyd said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVe all the fun pictures! Thank you!