Sunday, April 8, 2012

June 2011 UT Trip

The middle of June we had a family reunion trip with my family.  We were excited to spend time together.  We missed having Jeff, Kimia, and Anita with us.  Kimia was pregnant with Shayon, and it was fairly late in her pregnancy to be traveling.  Mom, Dad, and Andrew were able to see them though, so that was nice. 

We had some hiccups getting out the door for our trip.  Someone had hit our car while it was parked (and yes, we had only owned the car for a month at that point), and we were dealing with getting it fixed while we were gone. 

Here are some pictures from our trip up there.

We stopped at a scenic viewpoint that Jeff has always wanted to on US 89 and got this panorama. 
 We also were able to stay with my Aunt Sharon in Cedar City.  Ironically, Jeff's brother, Jeremy, was in town because he was at some training in NM, and one of the other trainees was headed up to a city near Cedar to visit his daughter for the weekend, and we were able to catch him.  He took a few family pictures for us, and this is the one that I really liked.
 The girls had fun playing with Uncle Jeremy, until I mentioned that Claire hadn't gone to the bathroom for a while and we should probably be careful about that.... Haha! (And don't worry, she made it to the bathroom....)
 We put Spencer down in the grass, and he wasn't too fond of it.
 When we left Cedar City, we were able to meet up with my parents.  They stopped by Sharon and Zurl's to say hi, and then we all left at the same time.  My parents ended up making better time than us, since we got pulled over.  Jeff was going the speed limit (or maybe only a few over, I can't remember now), but apparently when he passed the police officer earlier he was in the right lane and that was dangerous for the officer, so he told him to be more careful, and then just gave him a warning.  Thanks officer!!  We appreciated that.....

Once up in Park City, we spent a lot of time together.  We had the opportunity to go to the temple.  Jeff and I dropped our kids off at his Aunt Sherry's house, who doesn't live too far from the temple.  However, once we got to the Conference Center to find parking, we couldn't find any.  We ended up missing the session, although everyone else made it through.  Jeff and I were able to participate in sealings, which was a wonderful experience!!  Then we waited for everyone else.  It was still nice to be in the temple together.  Afterwards we went and picked up the kids and had lunch on temple square and took some pictures.  Here are a few.

My dad is a pretty serious guy, but occasionally he shows us that he does have a funny side.  Point being this picture below.
 And then you add my mom in and they are goofy.  :)
 Here was everyone at the temple.  Rondy, Ryan, Jeff, Claire, Lydia, Michelle, Spencer, Dad, Mom, Natalie and Andrew
 We didn't do this on purpose, but I loved how they all had orange on, with some extra color from Claire! 
 Claire can give us some goofy faces, but they are so cute!
 Haha!  Silly girl.  And I look at her hair now, and it is so cute!  I had a hard time with it being so short, but it looks so good on her.  Especially here when it had some time to grow and not be so blunt.
 Sweet sisters.  They saw several brides and grooms that day.  I think Claire is holding a flower fashioned out of a wipe or a napkin or something.
 Sisters at the temple.
 Back in Park City they got to ride the carousel.  It was too mcuh for a silly little ride, but they loved it!
 Me and my girls in Park City.... We did lots of fun things like swim, and walk, and play, and just spend time together.
 While in Park City Jeff and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.  We always take a picture on our anniversary.  It is fun to see how we have changed.  My family was kind enough to take our kids so Jeff and I could go and have fun together.  We went out to eat, and then went swimming in the adults only pool.  It was so weird to go swimming without the kids!
This was the 5th year that we had celebrated our anniversary in UT, with 3 of those being in Park City.  And we only lived in UT for the first two years of our marriage. 
 While we were there, we went shopping, and we all bought the same shirt, but in different shades (although I bought 2 and so did mom, and maybe Natalie?).  Anyhow, we had to take a picture with our coordinating shirts.  :)
It was fun to spend time together, but by the end I was ready to be home and not have a lot of trips to take.  but I LOVE the summer and being able to travel and have fun.  I can't wait for this summer!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow I was huge!! I guess that picture at the temple was only a week before my due date though. But still- HUGE! haha