Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Lydia!!

Well, we made it a year. Today was Lydia's first birthday. I spent a lot of the day reminiscing about everything that happened last year and when it happened. I still can't believe that my baby is one!! Here she is with daddy under our fun birthday banner!!

So we decided that for her birthday we would go swimming. Jeff, Lydia and I went, along with my brother Jeff. We had fun. At first Lydia was a little nervous to be in the water. She would cling to us and only walk in the water if someone was holding on to her tight. Towards the end of our time in the pool, she became braver and would walk from me to the edge of the pool, probably about 2 feet. She had so much fun!! She found a stream of water at the splash park and thought it was hilarious to stick her fingers and hands in it and watch it spray everywhere. This is a picture after we came home because we forgot the camera!



For Lydia's birthday I made her a ladybug cake. It was a lot of fun!! I just used my Pyrex bowl to bake the cake in, and then turned my frosting pink to frost it. The "head" it made up of strings of black licorice with marshmellows and black gel for the eyes. The dots are Junior Mints and the writing was done in black decorater gel. Side note for anyone making a cake for a baby. Black gel is really messy, I didn't think about how messy it would be until I had already opened the package and was putting it on the cake. However, it did turn out great and was quite yummy.





As you can see, Lydia seemed to have enjoyed her cake!!




So, we had a really nice day. It is fun to watch Lydia as she is growing older. She is walking all over the place and thinks that it is so funny to run away from you when she is going where she shouldn't be. She babbles up a storm, and sometimes we think we hear understandable words, but we aren't quite sure if she really knows what she is saying. Anyhow, we are excited to see what this next year of life brings to our little Lydia. We love you all and hope all is well. (We'll post some video of Lydia's birthday a little later.)

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I also enjoyed the cake. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cake. The only thing that would have made it better would have been Jonny's.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That is a really cute cake, Michelle! Good job! It sounds like you guys a really fun time!

And it was fun to read your 'tagged' post!
-sunny

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to our little Lydi-bug! We've enjoyed reading your new blog and seeing the fun pictures. Thanks- We love you! Mom/Grandma M

Maria said...

How fun! The cake and Lydia are quite adorable! Isn't the babbling fun?! Good luck with everything, you guys!