Friday, July 13, 2007

Recipes

So, lately I have been getting recipes from people, due to a recipe exchange, and people finding a yummy recipe that they felt like they should share. I was thinking that I would share one on here. It is a homemade tomato soup. I got this recipe my sophomore year of college from my roommate Rachel Galli's mom, Lark. Lark had made it for us and it was so good!!! After this recipe I haven't been able to go back to tomato soup from a can! So, you'll have to try it out. It is a little time consuming, and with it being warm and all, you might not want to try it just yet, but this is definitely a keeper!!

Home Tour Tomato Soup

1 onion chopped
3 T butter
dash olive oil
salt and pepper
Basil

Saute the above ingredients together.

4 T flour
1 C broth (I use a boullion cube and a cup of water)

Combine flour and broth slowly

3 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes (Puree 1-2 cans)
1 C milk
1 pt. heavy cream

combine tomatoes, milk and cream together. Then add in the flour and broth mixture. Once these are combined, add the sauted onions.

Simmer 30 minutes. Garnish with croutons and fresh parmesan.
These are also wonderful in bread bowls. It is very filling and makes a lot!!! The people that I have shared this recipe with all love it!! I hope that you do too!!

If you have a recipe that you want to share, post it in the comments!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, have you checked out the Bon Appetit blog I have listed in the links on my blog? There are some really yummy recipes there. Most are really easy, quick, and all are very good.

I remember that soup from Lark. It was way good. And I remember that when I had it she also served some hot gingerbread cake...mmmm mmm.