Jeff had saved the bag that it came in (they come compressed) and he put the lovesac into it. He tried to vacuum it closed and it worked, until he quit vacuuming and he heard all of the air being sucked back in through holes. So, he patched the holes with clear packing tape, yet same results. The lovesac gradually grew to its original size. We thought that maybe the tape wasn't working very well, so I went and bought duct tape. We repatched the holes several times with the duct tape, would find more holes, would fortify the old holes, and still, the lovesac would grow until it was full size again.
Here is a picture from an early attempt in the beginning of July.
Then Jeff realized that he had saved the fabric casing that the lovesac had come in. Thus, the 6th or 7th time we vacuumed the lovesac (I forget how many times we did it, but it was up there!) we gradually shaped the lovesac so that it would fit into this casing, and it actually worked!!!! We are excited because now it will actually be able to fit out the door of our house, and fit in the truck, and make it so that it is a little easier to move!!!
So here you can see Jeff is shaping the lovesac and beginning the process of pulling on the fabric cover..JPG)
Lydia thought it was fun while we tried to shape it because it would bounce her. Look at that smile!!.JPG)
Here is Jeff with the lovesac all vacuumed up. (Can you see Lydia with the cell phone? Even though we got her her own toy phone for her birthday, it still isn't as cool as mom's real phone!)
Now it was Lydia's and my turn!!
Even though we have fit the lovesac into the small cover, the ends now look like "pigs in a blanket." The ends have ballooned up and are loose; however, because of the fabric, we are still going to be able to move it. This has been a little bit of a stressor, so I am grateful that the problem has been solved!
1 comment:
If I were in your position, I would have found some needy college students to give it to. If you need suggestions, I have one.
Post a Comment