One Friday last May, I needed to go to work in the morning instead of the afternoon to be part of a school event that was taking place. Normally, because I worked afternoons, I would take care of getting Lydia ready for the day; however, because I was leaving so early, Jeff took care of that responsibility. Thus, this is what Lydia wore that day:.JPG)
Please note that the onesie is OVER the pants. I promise that I did not change the way she looked to make this funnier. This is what my daughter looked like when I got back from work that day! She is also wearing stripes going in both directions and that is a definite fashion no-no. When I questioned Jeff as to why he dressed her that way, his response was, "Well, the colors matched!" It was quite amusing to me. Our landlady even commented on the outfit and how it didn't match.
So, now jump to February 2008. We were at Target to buy something baby related and as we were walking down the aisle, Jeff noticed the following onesie: He suddenly starts laughing, and when I ask what he is laughing about, he points to the onesie. I start to laugh too, and we decide that we should get it. Thus, you have our little Claire wearing the onesie. Below is the shot with Daddy, showing off the onesie that he thought was so funny!! :)
As a side note, I must admit that I was extremely pleased to come home from work that one May day to find that Jeff HAD dressed Lydia. He didn't always do that on days when I had something going on in the morning!
3 comments:
I'm glad to know that Bob isn't the only male afflicted with infant-related color-blindess and clothing-dyslexia. His best was pale pink roses and orange lions together. Awesome.
That is so cute. When Tyson dresses our kids they are usually lacking something, like pants... He says something really cool like "he didn't want pants on"
Very nice. ;)
This is so funny--and I read the other comments...I think all husbands do this! I find it even funnier when I have dressed Ally before going to work and come home to find her in another outfit of dad's choice! I ask what happened and sometimes it was an accident that made the change of clothes necessary and sometimes it was "because she wanted something else on!" Fun times...
Post a Comment