After reading the story
"A Child of God- No Matter What!" in January's issue of
The Friend magazine, we made the crown that was at the end of it. It is such a blessing to be able to teach my daughter gospel principles, and have fun too. While reading the story I really felt the Spirit, and I know that Lydia did too. She is so sweet. The other day she told me that she wanted to "hold Jesus." I reminded her that we "hold" him whenever we think about him.
So, here she is wearing her crown and giving me the biggest cheese! She really wanted to water color it, and did a little bit, but then wasn't interested, so I had fun and finished it up.
.JPG)
Here you can see her watercolor efforts.
.JPG)
She mostly enjoyed just wearing the crown around and playing with it. She also loves to sing the song, and when she hears it at church will point it out to us. I hope that she always remembers that she is a Child of God!
3 comments:
How fun! We were talking about getting the Friend again now that Emma can kind of read. She wasn't too interested in it when we were getting it and she was 3 :) She'll be sad she missed out on a crown!!! ;)
So Cute!! You are such a good Mom!!
You can still make the crown even though you didn't get the January Friend. If you click on the link that I have to the story, at the end of the story it has the page that you can print out for the crown. That is actually how I did it since I didn't want to take apart my Friend.
Post a Comment