Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cookies with Claire

When Lydia was 19 months old, I made cookies with her and took pictures and documented it here on our blog. I remember having such a good time that I wanted to do it with Claire too. I have been meaning to do it for several months now, but something would always come up. Finally, we got to make our cookies. I think it was one of my messiest cookie making experiences in a long time. I guess that is what happens when you have a 20 month old helping you AND you are trying to take pictures of the process. We picked a day when Lydia was at preschool, and thus we got some good one on one time.

Showing off all the ingredients. She kept blinking, or not looking at me, so the picture we got, doesn't even have most of the ingredients in it!
"Ooooooooo, chocate!"
Adding some of the brown sugar.
The rest of the sugar ended up down here. Fortuantely my floor was already dirty and needed to be cleaned, and not a nice clean floor suddenly dirtied.
Adding the white sugar, with its fate being the same as the brown sugar, except this time on the counter.

Flour!!!
Trying to spill as many ingredients as possible, she dumps some flour on her pants too.
Showing off how messy she is!
Yummy batter...too hard to smile for a picture; although I don't show the massive "cheese" that she gave me a couple shots later.
She wanted to eat the chocolate so badly!!
Baking......
Enjoying her cookie. Here is the smile that we get if we ask her to say "Cheese!" It is so cute!
We had fun mommy/daughter time that we don't always get! Although I wore the wrong shirt for the occasion. When I went to pick Lydia up from preschool, I mentioned our messy cooking experience and my friend said she wondered what was all over my shirt!
Of course, we can't leave Lydia out. Here she is enjoying our cookies!
Claire definitely had a fun time baking the cookies. Her favorite parts were the chocolate chunks and dumping the ingredients. She was a bit quick with it all, thus, we dumped many ingredients in the wrong places! She loved licking the sugar up though, and wanted to eat it off the floor too. We had to take a quick break to clean it up so she wouldn't keep eating it! She really wanted the beaters, so when they were actually beeing used I had to stand far away so she wouldn't hurt herself. She wasn't that interested in stirring, but she was excited for the cookies to be done! Thanks for the fun time Claire.....

8 comments:

Beth said...

What fun! You'll remember this for a long time, and Claire will too thanks to the pictures! You'll have to post some pics of your new furniture next.

Bev said...

Nice memories you're making with your little ones. So SWEET!!

suzee said...

Claire reminds me more and more of the pictures of YOU Michelle (Joy School),much more than Lydia. I hope YOU think all the clean-up was worth the time spent. Save some for us!

Oma

Michelle said...

The mess was worth it, and we'll make cookies again sometime, however we won't take pictures until afterwards! I think that would have made for a much cleaner experience! :)

Unknown said...

Aww, what a fun mama you are!! And those cookies look delicious :)

Liz said...

I was thinking the same thing. I meant to comment a looong time ago too. I was looking at the pictures and they remind me of some pictures of you that I think we have... or Grandma has. Not totally sure who has them...

Melanie said...

Aww...what a good Mommy you are! It's so much fun watching your kids have fun! I like that picture with the flour falling mid-air in the bowl...looks cool. :)

Jamie W. said...

Those are the best moments. And every kid deserves one on one time with their mommy. Love all the fun mess!! Love that shirt too!