Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Answer


I am pregnant!! Due November 23. (And no, we don't know if it is a boy or a girl, my doctor just thought it would be funny to put that phrase on since I only have girls.)

Yes, most of you got the correct answer, but that is kind of what I was expecting. I knew it wasn't going to be too hard to figure out. I had a bunch of other stanzas that I had come up with too that would have been a bit more vauge, but then when I was writing it out yesterday I couldn't remember them (then today I remembered one "I am forgetful." How funny that is the one I remembered!). I did like the creative answers for what it could be, even though I am sure those of you who answered that way knew that they weren't correct (loved the dog one by the way. I wouldn't have thought of that! And SO true about a toddler/child, haha!).

Anyhow, we are excited, and looking forward to a very thankful Thanksgiving. :) I am feeling pretty good. I have good days, and then a yucky day thrown in there, but overall not too bad. I have been a lot more naseous this time around, but oh well. It hasn't been too bad. I have been VERY tired. I fell asleep on the floor while playing a game with Lydia. When I woke up, I had a blanket on me. Sweet girl. I am learning to be better about getting enough sleep at night so that I don't do that!

I had the question what do a I want, a boy or a girl. As always, I would really be fine with either. I already have stuff for girls, and I have an idea of what to expect with them, but adding a boy to our family would be fun too. Change the hormonal balance of our family just a little. (I told Jeff a couple of months ago that we had a lot of hormones already in the house and we need a boy to calm them down. Who knows if it would really help or not.) :) I guess we'll see.

A few funny things that have happened since we found out I was pregnant.

Around the time that we were suspecting I was pregnant, Lydia announced, "We need a brother!" Then, as soon as it clicked with her what was going on, she decided the baby needed to be a girl. I had to remind her for a while that we don't know what the baby is and it could be a boy or a girl. Now she is back to a boy. Hopefully whatever we have she will be happy with!

One day, I really wasn't feeling well, and I told Jeff that I felt sick and thought I might throw up. Lydia suddenly looked very concerened. She said, "Mom! You can't throw up!" "Why not, Lydia?" I replied. She came back with, "You might throw up the baby!" We then had to explain that the baby was in a different part of my tummy and that I couldn't throw up the baby. :)
Thanks for all of the well wishes. We are glad that you are all excited for us!

11 comments:

Edda Phillips said...

Congratulations, Boyds! How cute is Lydia?? What a sweet girl - and I loved the throwing up dilemma. No wonder kids get so confused sometimes when we refer to an upset tummy as the same tummy babies grow in! I hope your energy picks up!

Michelle said...

horray! more boyds! so excited for you guys! feel free to give me a birthday buddy on the 21st! :)

Melanie said...

Congrats!!! I'm sooo excited for you!!!!

lrbodine said...

Congrats! I am feeling left out having my baby last year and not this year... I know tons of people expecting in october/november. And how fun that your mom will be so closeby to help with this one too!

Shelly Beth said...

What a great thing to be thankful for come Thanksgiving! Again, wishing you the best (and some less icky days ahead :)

Melissa said...

Yay! Congratulations! At first I was not keen on having a November baby, but after having one a week before Thanksgiving we decided it was actually quite nice! We'll be excited to hear the gender once you find out!

Bev said...

Congrats!! Cute post by the way!

ashley g. said...

For goodness sakes- DON'T THROW UP! What if she's right?!

Congratulations! You will be a fabulous momma of 3!

Quinn and Anjuli said...

It will be fun to have our due dates so close together!! I'm really excited for you!

Maria said...

YEAH!! Congratulations!! How very exciting!

sunny said...

i haven't checked blogs for awhile - what a surprise! i'm so excited for you!!! and what a great time to have a baby!

yea!!!