Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The end of March

Well, this poor blog has been slightly neglected lately. This pregnancy has really drained me of all energy. I have fallen asleep in the middle of a conversation with Jeff, I fell asleep reading stories to Lydia, I fell asleep playing with Lydia, and I fell asleep on the couch with Claire. Wow. At least I am coming up on my 2nd trimester and hopefully that will mean the return of some of my energy. Anyhow, on to a few fun things that happened in March and don't necessarily provide enough material for its own post.

Citrus season has been in full swing down here for a while. We had some yummy oranges from a friend that we juiced. The girls loved helping daddy with it! (And we love having an electric juicer to use!)





Lydia got stuck on the entertainment center. She was really upset until I came in and laughed at the situation. Then she thought it was funny.

Claire thought she could take a picture with an old camera phone. It was funny to watch her say "Say Cheese!"


Lydia had pictures taken at preschool. I think they turned out pretty cute. Lydia has LOVED them. For a while, she would pick up the CD and say, "I want to look at my pictures." Here is my favorite of the ones we got. Here is the link for the photographer.

The girls and I went on another hike this month, this time with a few of my friends from high school, Michelle and Marianne. Marianne was in town for a conference and Michelle lives in the Phoenix area while her husband goes to med school. Jeff was suppose to come with us, but ended up having an assignment he needed to work on. At least Michelle and Marianne were with me! I had picked one that I needed Jeff to go on. I carried Claire in the backpack, and then Lydia towards the end picked Marianne as her hiking buddy and they were fast! Lydia ended up asleep in the car on the way home. Thanks girls for coming, and thanks Marianne for the pictures!

Part of the reason we went on a hike was so that Marianne could see some of our abundant spring wildflowers.
Michelle acting as our guide!
Navigating a tricky part of the trail. See why I needed someone with me? Imagine going down that with a kid on your back and no one to help. Thanks Michelle for making sure I didn't fall!
Lydia talked Marianne's ear off. Fortunately she was okay with that. :) Thanks for being her buddy Marianne. She talked about the hike and "your friends" for a while after that.


Well, hopefully more posts to come soon! I have all of these posts lined up in my head, so hopefully you'll get to actually read some of them. And maybe sporadic blogger Jeff will show up and blog about some fun things he has done the past little while since the semester is over. :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Michelle, Marianne has put up with little girls talking her ear off for a long time :) Remember when I used to come talk to her about my gymnastics and she would just sit and listen while I was just being an annoying little sister??? Well, I'm glad you guys have been having fun!! Love you!

Marie said...

Great pictures! I hope you are feeling better soon and get your energy back - it's a difficult job being a mommy on a regular day, much less when you're drained from a pregnancy! Love the picture of Lydia from preschool. As for citrus season, I am drooling just thinking about all of the yummy grapefruits. Grandpa McClellan always tries to grab some for me when he sees us/Peter (on some of his military trips in the past he stopped through there) and I so wish I could make it over. It has been a long time - not just for having a delicious, fresh grapefruit, but also for seeing all of you guys!!!