Thursday, August 11, 2011

April

Hey I'm getting caught up here!  (Kinda, but that is okay. :) )

Nothing big happened in April, but life. :)  It was probably good that we had a calm month because May and June were pretty busy!  Anyhow,  here we go.  It is probably going to be mainly pictures, with captions.  Enjoy!

A Sunday at Grandma and Grandpa's



There were a few days where Lydia decided to wait outside for Daddy to come home, she picked a rather unusual spot to hang out, I thought it was cute.  She was so excited for him to come home. :)


Spencer liked to suck on his fingers.
 I just thought this was cute.
 I don't know why, but the girl's favorite spot to play is in the corner of the yard, and it is probably the furthest from the door.

A cute picture of Claire and Spencer.

Being silly one evening, they put their dress-up hat on Spencer,
 and on Daddy too.

Posing girls.  Claire was too funny with her hand!  Haha!
 This little man loves his toes...
 and trying to eat them!

On April 14, Spencer got his second haircut.  This is probably what I should have done back in March, but I wasn't ready to do it.  He had a major combover, and I decided that everything needed to be evened out so it would grow in better.  He also had a reverse skunk thing going because his new hair was coming in blonde and his newborn hair was brown.  So, the little guy got his first buzz cut and looked much better!

Here is the before.
 Sitting in his chair, with the photographer getting ready (the photographer was Lydia).
 Just about to start.
 He was okay with it for the first little bit.
 Towards the end he wasn't very happy about getting his hair cut.
 The end result.  It looked much better. :)
When I was deciding that I should cut his hair, I felt like the back didn't need to be trimmed.  However, once the top was short, it looked like he had a mullet in the back.  So, we documented his mullet, and then I trimed it.
Spencer also got to try out rice cereal for the first time this month! (April 18)  I remember him thinking it was a little unusual, but he enjoyed it.

The girls got to dye Easter Eggs, and they thought it was pretty neat.  This is the first year that I had ever made a big deal out of it, so they had a lot of fun.



Being silly.  Jeff went out of town for a little triathalon that he did with the Young Men.  I went to the store with the kids, and Claire was running around.  Usually she sits up top, but Lydia wanted to and so I obliged.  It got to the point that I told Claire if she didn't behave and listen she would have to sit in the top of the cart and Lydia would have to get out.  So she didn't get in trouble, she decided to hang out down here.  It didn't last very long, but she had fun!  Lydia then decided that she wanted to try it out to.  I try not to let them get down there very often.  So gross!!

Lydia wanted to try out the goggles that I had bought on clearance last year.  She looked too funny!

We had a wonderful Easter here at our house.  Jeff's aunt and uncle were in town from Salt Lake, and so I got to make an Easter ham for the first time!  It was intimidating, but not that hard.  We missed having Jeff's cousin's family with us, due to illness.  They were all in town for Aaron's (Jeff's cousin) graduation from Thunderbird school of Global management.  But here are our kids on Easter (Spencer's first!)


From my cell phone.  They weren't cooperating for a group shot. :)


 This was at Aaron's graduation.  Even though we took our camera, our kids were too busy for us to be able to get the camera out.  (This one again is from my cell phone, but I love this shot!)

 Well, that was April!  I am slowly but surely getting caught up.  More to come soon. :)

No comments: