Monday, August 8, 2011
Thoughts please?
If you would please, will you take my poll on the side of my blog? I am having a hard time deciding what to do about family pictures. We took some at Jeff's brother's wedding in May, and while some of them turned out nice, I can't decide if I want to print them and display them on our wall. We had the too-many-cameras-too-many-people-trying-to-make-the-kids-happy-Claire-not-wanting-to-cooperate-we-should-have-spent-more-time-and-not-multi-tasked syndrome. The ones that I like the best are the ones you see posted on my sidebar, and the family picture as our header. Jeff thinks I am being overly picky, but when it comes to pictures that I display, I want them to look good. I really want to go out and get pricy pictures, but that isn't in the budget right now. If I did retake them, we would probably do it ourselves. We would either rent or borrow a nice lens, and Jeff would set us up the way we wanted it, and then we would probably ask someone to come and just make sure we were all looking nice sitting there and to push the trigger. (Hey, it has worked with us before! Think back to our family picture from Natalie's wedding. Love that picture! and it was totally a fluke.) Anyhow, thoughts please? I need some outside feedback. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
It's cute for the moment.. and jsut think how soon you'll probably end up with a differnet one with kids that look differnet anyway.. and the indiviual ones are all great. It shows a moment in your life so go for it! ;^)
If it's not one you're totally happy with, I would re-take it. I think that the picture is a good one, but I know how picky I am when it comes to our photos too. Every time I pay to have one that I'm not totally happy with, my feelings never change about it, and it's a rush to replace it. Get someone the kids are familiar with, but not super familiar with (ie. family) to take a picture for you using your camera. Photoshop can make up for not having a super-pricey camera sometimes. Also, I know a good website for developing your photos with professional quality, but very affordable prices. Let me know if you want it!
I think your side bar picture look fantastic! in fact I think claire not looking at the camera is candid and sweet, honestly I like them all, but I agree with Marie, if you aren't happy then retake them and see which you like best! your family is beautiful :)
I especially love the ones on the side bar. I totally love the colors and outfits, too. If you are not happy with the family pic, retake it. But they look good to me - coming from someone who has to money to pay for nice, expensive pictures ;)
I love them! I would totally go for it and print the ones you have. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I think they are beautiful pictures:)
I'm jealous -- the last family picture we have is from when Lucy was 2 weeks old. Just a bit outdated... :)
Well, Mike and I have a pretty good camera, and we have lots of pictures we love from it. So, if Jeff wanted to check it out (It's a Canon Xsi) and see if it would work, I am totally willing (once it cools down!) to come out and do pictures with you!
That being said, I do like them all, Spencer just looks like he's going to fall asleep in the family picture! :-)
I think they all turned out well. But I agree with what others have said. If you have doubts, just get some more taken, and then see which ones you like. I really like the kids' pictures, but I think the family could turn out better (with lighting and positioning). BUT it's still cute! Or, you could put them up, wait 6 months and have a good excuse to take more!
Thanks everyone. It was mainly the family picture I wasn't thrilled with. When we were even sitting down to take it I tried to get Lydia to move but she was being stubborn. There was even a shade to block the sun, but it obviously didn't hit all of us. I think if I don't print them I'll retake the family one and then take another one next year when Jeff graduates!! But thank you for you input. It really helps!!
You might want to try someplace less expensive, like JC Penney, and get a family picture done. They have all the lighting set up ahead of time, no distractions, they focus just on you (and Lydia might listen to someone else better than Mom or Dad). They're not that expensive. I really like the picture of you and Jeff on the sidebar. The kids have cute candid shots, too. If you're not trying to do everything at once, but just focus on the family shot, you may have more success and be happier with the results.
I really like the picture of you and Jeff together... It's a keeper. I think the family picture if fine too, it matches the side bars so it cohesive and all. Glad you are updating your blog again.
Post a Comment