November 1st we celebrated Spencer's 1st birthday! It was his golden birthday since he turned 1 on the 1st. I also thought it was pretty neat because his birthday was all ones. 11-1-11. Not that it mattered to him, but I thought it was fun! We had my parents there, all of my grandparents, and then we got a surprise that Jeff's parents were there. They were helping Jeff's older brother, Jeremy, and his family move from Alaska to Texas. When they realized that Spencer's birthday was right before they were going to be down here, his parents were able to leave a little earlier and come down, along with Joseph, Jeremey's oldest.
Because he was turning one on the first, I made a big deal about it being one, and based his cake off of the number 1. I got some cute napkins and stickers and decorated the cake so it would coordinate with those.
This was Spencer getting a little preview of his cake shortly after it was all decorated.
He was a little shocked when everyone was there, so he looks kind of out of it in most of these pictures, but he really did like his cake.
This was the best picture I got with all of my kids in it. Singing to Spencer.
He was a little bashful at first with the cake, we kind of had to encourage him to go after it. Once he did, he really liked it!
As you can see here, he enjoyed it!
Pictures with Mom and Dad after everyone had left. I have a picture similar to this one of Lydia and I on her first birthday.
I love the sweet snuggles with daddy. :)
Here is the napkin I based the cake off of. I bought the stickers and put them on the cups to make them more fun!
Once Jeremy and Makell and the rest of their kids made it down, Lydia and Claire were excited to see their cousins. It had been about six months and it was fun to have them play together. Claire and Spencer got some good time with Jeff's mom, so that was nice. For whatever reason, we didn't take very many pictures with them, but we did get this one. There was a concert that Jeremy and Makell were going to, and we weren't going because we had already told Lydia that we would go to the Fall Festival at school that night. We invited Janie to come along and they had a blast! Then she got to spend the night with the girls. They thought it was great. Here is a picture of the girls with their faces painted. They left the next morning
Spencer found a box his sisters cut up and played in it.
Spencer discovered the tricylce this month. He thought it was great to be pushed around on. I love Jeff's face in this one. He had fun pushing Spencer around on the trike. :)
Even though he doesn't look like it, Spencer loved it too!
Lydia had gone to 2 birthday parties this day, and she was showing off her nails and face painting and loot!
The 3 kids!
Jeff and Claire dancing.
Spencer and Lydia showing off their Sunday attire.
He was so dashing in this sweater!
Claire raiding the candy. Apparently she thought pink tights by themselves was great after church!
Serious Claire
Two sweet sisters.
Spencer getting a much needed trim. I kept putting it off, and off, and off. And finally Jeff said he would do it. You know you need to give you kid a trim when your missionary brother comments in an e-mail that your kid is getting shaggy. Haha!! Jeff did a nice job.
The girls eating Halloween candy.
I don't know what it is, but I love to make recipes from the back of books. Here we read An Apple Pie for Dinner retold by Susan VanHecke. It was all about this little lady who wanted to make an apple pie but didn't have any apples, so she set off to get some, and it is all about her getting her apples. The pie actually turned out really well! I made it for Thanksgiving too, and everyone really enjoyed it.
My Arizona babies in their BYU shirts!
The rest of November to be coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment