Thursday, May 17, 2012

The End of October 2011

It seems like the last week of October is really busy for our family.  We have Jeff's birthday, all the festivities associated with Halloween, Halloween itself, and then the preperations for Spencer's birthday all mixed in there.  So here we go!

Jeff's 29th birthday. The girls were so excited for him to open their gift.
 Spencer was very upset that I was not holding him.
 A new Hawaiian shirt!
 We had just gone to Tom's BBQ for is birthday dinner. He was happy (especially since we had been sick leading up to his birthday and weren't sure we could go).
 Excited for cake!
 We put 29 candles on the cake.  The candles were cheap dollar store candles, and burned fast!!  They also shed a lot of wax, as the picture shows.
 This is what his cake looked like afterwards.  We had to pick out A LOT of wax.
 We went to my parent's ward's Halloween carnival, and I forgot my camera.  It had rained earlier in the day and was a fairly cold carnival.  We had fun though.  Claire decided she was going to be a tooth fairy for Halloween, and went and picked out her costume from our dress-up box.  It consisted of our pink dress up skirt, with the sheer pink dress-up skirt over it, with the pink leotard with puffy sleeves, pink fairy wings, a crown, a wand, and a tooth pillow attached to her so everyone would know she was THE Tooth Fairy.  They had face painting and she decided she wanted a tooth on her face.  They looked at the tooth pillow and copied it.  I thought it was pretty clever.  We took this picture when we got home.
 I took Spencer and Claire shopping to pick up things for his birthday and Halloween, and I buckled him in, but eventually he turned around like this.  I got lots of comments about how funny and cute it was. :)
 We were able to carve pumpkins one night when Jeff was on a campout with the scouts.  Claire did better with the guts this year than I thought she would.  They had fun.
 Lydia was so excited!

 Claire getting the guts out.

 We had to document that Spencer and I were there too!
 Lydia with her pumpkin.
 Serious Claire with hers.

 It took me forever to get this shot.  I couldn't remember how to set it to leave the shutter open longer.  I took lots of trial shots before I figured it out and got this cute picture.  I think the pumpkins were already starting to mold by Halloween, which was 3 days later.  That is what you get here in the Arizona warmth. :)
 We went to my cousin's daughter's 1st birthday party.  They had a ladybug cake made out of cupcakes, and the frosting was really dark.  This is what Claire looked like after eating a cupcake with black frosting.  She looks like she has a mustache!
 The day of our Halloween party, which was the Saturday before Halloween, we must of had a long day, because my kids all fell asleep.  I was feeding Spencer, when I looked over to see the girls like this.  I don't understand how Lydia was comfortable, but then again, she changes positions at least 3 times in the 5 minutes I took these pictures.

 This was one of Claire's favorite spots to sleep for a while last fall.


 Shortly later, while I am making some food, I turn around to see Spencer like this.
 And next thing I know he is like this.
 I got my funny pictures and then moved him to a more comfortable spot!
 Here is our ward Halloween carnival, and Claire's tooth fairy costume.
 Lydia made Halloween easy this year too, and decided to reuse her costume from the previous year and was Dorothy again.
 Dorothy and the Tooth Fairty together.
 I dressed up as a graduate, and the dinosaur is trying to climb out of the stroller.
 My cute kiddos!!
 On Halloween, Jeff took the girls trick-or-treating.  I opted to stay home because I was really tired, and didn't feel like taking Spencer trick-or-treating.  So Spencer and I passed out candy, and during slow spots I took pictures of my dinosaur.  He ended up being able to fit into the costume, and everyone loved how cute he was!  His favorite thing to do was to try and crawl into the dirt, and he made it a couple times.  He ended up being VERY dirty!
 I did take him to one house.  Our next door neighbors were super nice, and so we took him over.  He was so excited for the candy that he tried eating it through the wrappers!  I let him do that while I took some pictures and then opened them up for him. :)

 When the girls got home, we took a picture with all 3 kids.  Claire decided that morning that she wanted to be the ladybug for the preschool party and for trick-or-treating, so we got out the black leotard and black pants to go with the ladybug wings that I made for Lydia in 2007.  I forgot about making anntenae with her hair, but oh well, she was cute.  A ladybug, a dinosaur, and Dorothy!
And there was all of October!!  Coming next, Spencer's 1st birthday and all the November happenings!

No comments: