Saturday, March 21, 2009

Claire's birthday

My baby is ONE!! Where has the year gone? Claire has grown up so much. She is starting to finally let go of things to walk, so hopefully we'll have some video of that soon (watch, I just jinxed myself!).

We had so much fun celebrating Claire's birthday. Since Jeff's mom was here and was leaving the next day, we celebrated the day before and had a small party with the great grandparents.

We let Claire open her presents, and it seemed like Lydia was more excited than Claire was! We had to help Lydia stay away so that Claire could open her own presents!
Claire got a cute dress for her birthday, and with it came a matching dress for Lydia. Lydia decided to show hers off.
Claire's baby doll stroller, and Lydia was more excited than Claire.
Claire thought she was going to get a ride!
So happy that she got the idea!
The birthday banner kept falling down, and Jeff here is being a good sport and fixing it!

I made Claire's cake, and that was a bit of an adventure (our oven broke over the weekend, so thanks to Karen I was able to bake Claire's cake!). It was so fun to make, and see it turn out the way I had envisioned it. I was going to write Happy Birthday Claire, but thought I didn't have enough frosting, so I was just going to write her name on it. Then I realized that I had more frosting than I initially thought, but not enough room for it all, so it I made it read Happy 1st Claire. (In case you were wondering, the ears are cupcakes with a little shaved off so they rest nicely on the round cake. The bow is made of 2 cupcakes rounded out slightly. The muzzle is a cupcake with 3 jellybeans and frosting. The eyes are 2 bite sized vanilla wafers with jelly beans on it)

Claire dug right in, no fears there! She loved it! I let her go at the bear's muzzle, and once I was done holding it, I pulled the muzzle off the cake and gave it to her.


The next day, her actual birthday, the package from my mom came. Inside was a cute birthday crown for Claire, and a princess crown for Lydia.
One of the only shots with both girls wearing their crowns together. They were having a hard time keeping them on their heads and standing next to each other!



Happy Birthday Claire!! We love you and are so glad that you are part of our family.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Happy birthday Claire!! Doesn't the time go by so quickly??? That's a cute cake and some super cute girls too!! :)

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Claire-bear and thanks for all the pictures, Michelle. Love those girls!