Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Wonderful Birthday!

I had such a wonderful birthday, and part of it was due to my husband. He made my birthday fabulous!

Here are the highlights:

1. Jeff gave the girls a bath and got them dressed for church while I was at choir practice for stake conference.

2. I got to take a nap while he took care of the girls in the afternoon.

3. He came home from the store Saturday night with tulips for me (and chocolate).



4. While I was taking my nap, he made these delicious chocolate covered strawberries. There were 3 kinds of chocolate, thus the 3 shade of brown chocolate.


5. He made me dinner, and it was a new recipe (Unfortunately, we weren't all that thrilled with it. Not that it tasted bad, we have just had better sweet and sour chicken than that recipe).

6. He helped Lydia make me a birthday cake.

7. He took the girls to get a birthday present for me.

8. He wrote a wonderful post about us and how much he loves me!

9. I got to spend my birthday with ALL of my family because it was on a Sunday and Jeff didn't have to go to school! And on top of that, I got to talk to lots of family members who called to wish me a Happy Birthday.

10. He took me out to eat a couple days later, and told them it was my birthday because we were going out to celebrate then. (It was actually pretty funny. The hostess said happy birthday to me while taking us to the table, then the menu had printed at the top "Happy Birthday Michele"--yeah, they didn't ask Jeff how to spell my name, and then we got a flourless chocolate cake for free! Yum!) The picture is from Jeff's cell phone, so it isn't the greatest quality!

11. And, he got me the sandals that I have been wanting (and needing)!

Here I am with my girls on my birthday. We had to have separate pictures because Lydia only wanted Mickey and Minnie to be in the picture, not her, so they were covering her face in the one with me and both girls. Sadly enough, there isn't one of me with Jeff.


Thank you for such a wonderful birthday Jeff!! I love you!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Aww...how sweet! Glad to hear it was so wonderful, you deserved it!

Unknown said...

What a fun day! Keep the wipes as a birthday gift or something!!

Bree said...

Happy belated Birthday!