Many of you know us and have known us a while, but do you really know how far we go back? I've dug up a few pictures I thought would be of general interest to our readers and hope you enjoy them.
First, here's evidence we were in joy school together. Can you identify Michelle and me? This picture was taken spring 1986? Can one of our parents confirm/deny that?
Next we have a picture of our first date together. Michelle asked me to a girl's preference dance called Tolo. She likes to remind me of that. Not only was this our first date together, but it was Michelle's first date ever! May 1999.

Next I have some random pictures from high school. I like this one just because. Fall 2000?

This one is of a dance we went to called JA (Junior Assembly). Yes, I've always liked making funny faces at the camera. January 2001.

Last in the high school series is one from our senior prom. I borrowed this BMW for the night. Thanks again Duffy! June 2001.
Next is a picture from our first date after we "broke up." This was January 2002, the beginning of our second semester at BYU. We went to a "Cowboys and Indians" dance. I was going for a classic western look and it just turned out funny. I almost didn't go on this date, but now I can say I'm glad I did. There's a story behind the shirt I'm wearing. Ask me about it sometime. January 2002.
This is a picture from our last date before my mission. We decided not to make any promises to each other, but just to see how things were after I got back. June 2002.
This is a picture of our fist date after my mission. We went with my brother Jeremy and his wife Makell to see Napoleon Dynamite in the theater. Jeremy and I were falling out of our chairs laughing. Michelle and Makell were laughing at us. It was fun. July 2004.
This picture was taken just a day or two before I asked Michelle's Dad for his permission to marry Michelle. He knew he would be leaving for Iraq in a few weeks and asked for us to be patient and wait for him to get back to get married. This we did, of course. November 2004.

This last picture is the one we used for our wedding invitations. There are hundreds of other pictures I could share, but since most of you have known Michelle and me since we've been married, I thought it would be fun to share pictures from before.
Happy Birthday, Michelle. I love you!
10 comments:
Cute! Happy Birthday Michelle! I hope you had a great day!
Happy birthday yesterday! What fun pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you sweetheart for such a wonderful day!!! I love you too!
cute post. happy birthday michelle!
I can tell which one is Michelle because Grandma McClellan made us all dresses like the one she is wearing... plus she and Karen looked EXACTLY alike at that age. I cannot tell who you are in that one though!
Oh my gosh those are great pictures. Thanks for posting them Jeff.
Jeff, I loved the walk through memory lane! The Joy School picture was from 1987, May, I think. I tried to zoom in on the picture to see the date on your "graduation" certificates, but couldn't tell. Maybe your mom remembers. You started as 3-yr-olds in Fall '86, but were four by the end of the school year. Michelle's dress wasn't made by Grandma Mc, it was a hand-me-down from my little sisters Ann and Kim. I always thought she looked cute in it and I agree with Elizabeth that she looked a lot like Karen growing up.
Glad you had a happy birthday Michelle!
Beth is right, it was the second year you did Joy School, so it would have been 1987. You had SUCH GREAT HAIR . . . it was always so cute, and Michelle has that cute smile that both of your girls have! Here's the real stumper . . . what are the names of the other Joy Schoolers?
Loved the pictures. Classics. Happy Birthday, Michelle!
Jeff, I would have to say that you are the first boy on the left that isn't partly cut out of the picture. And I think that the dresses Liz is thinking of were not even made by Grandma McClellan because I think our mom made them....Michelle's is a similar style and color though!
Post a Comment