Friday, April 24, 2009

A Good Movie, A Good Message

Jeff and I rented the movie Fireproof about a month ago, and we both thought this movie had a great message to it. It is about a firefighter whose marriage is falling apart. In an effort to save it, Caleb (the firefighter), is challenged by his father to complete "The Love Dare." It is a 40 day experiment to help Caleb (for a lack of a better phrase) fall back in love with his wife. It does have a Christian message to it, as it was made by a Christian church in Georgia.

In the beginning, there were a few scenes that had one character who wasn't that great, and I thought, "What are we watching?!" In the end, the acting improved, there were some hilarious scenes, heart-wrenching scenes, and thought-provoking scences. It really made me think about how I treat Jeff, and things that we are doing (and maybe not doing) to keep our marriage strong. In the end, I was really glad that we watched it. I also found on amazon that they actually are selling The Love Dare.

I think that this movie would be great for all couples to watch. Obviously it will not change your marriage overnight, but I think it makes us all think about how we treat one another. So, go to Red Box, and you can rent it for a buck. It will be well worth it.

(And check out my 2 other posts below!)

3 comments:

Marie said...

I have heard several people mention this movie recently. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Jenny Sato said...

it really is a great movie! I saw it yesterday, after reading you recamendation.

Misti said...

I saw on "18 Kids and Counting" that Kirk Cameron would only do the kiss at the end if his real-life wife were able to be snuck in there so that is who he kissed at the end. It was actually Kirk Cameron who said it and since I looooooved him when I was a kid, I believe him!