Monday, September 28, 2009

Gratitude

Lately I have been throwing myself mini-pity parties. It has been an interesting month with some of the changes that have insued lately. Nothing terrible has happened, I am just a woman with hormones; and some of the seemingly small things that have happened have been enough to seem far worse than they really were.

Thus, I am feeling like I need to remind myself, that things are not all bad. That there are some good things in my life. So, I am going to make a small list of some of the things that I am grateful for. Here they are in no particular order.

My children

I have two wonderful children. They definitely have their moments, but in some moments of need, they are sweet and loving, kind and thoughtful, kissable and hugable. I can't imagine my life without them and so grateful that they are mine.

My husband

I have such a wonderful husband, who works so hard for our family. He is going to school, working for his professor, fulfilling his church calling, and spending time with us. He is pretty busy, so we don't have a lot of time, but he tries to make the most of what he has. He is mine forever, and I am so grateful for that knowledge.


The gospel

(Picture courtesy of lds.org)

I really don't know where I would be without the gospel of Jesus Christ. The knowledge that we can be together forever is such a blessing; that Jesus has atoned for our sins, and loves us; that Heavenly Father loves us. We have guidance in the Holy Ghost to help us to go through life. I know the Book of Mormon is a true book. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father, and His son, Jesus Christ; and that he is a prophet of God. I know that there is a living Prophet. I am so grateful for this knowledge.


My family

Wedding picture by Annie Randall

I love my family, and am so grateful that they are so supportive of us and the decisions we make. Their advice, and love, and suggestions are always appreciated. Even though we are far away from many of our family members, we constantly know that they are there and support us.


Basic Needs

I am grateful that we have the basic needs to get through life. We have food, and shelter, and clothing. And that we are trying to be prepared as the prophet has counseled. Some experiences lately have really helped me to appreciate these basic needs and the guidance that we have been given to be prepared.

Education


I am so glad that I was able to recieve such a wonderful education. I look forward to the day when I can go back and further my education even more. I love that Lydia is learning, and am so excited to watch her. I love watching Claire learn the basic things and hear her talk and become excited too. I love hearing Jeff think through problems he has with me. I am glad that lately I have had opportunities to teach, and to learn more on my own also.


Friends



I am grateful for my friends and the adult interaction that they bring. I wish I was better at keeping in touch with my friends from elementary school, jr high, high school and college. I often think of you (if you are reading this) and treasure the memories. I am grateful for being able to make new friends, and continue to make wonderful memories!

So, there are a few things I am grateful for. There are many more, but I will end there today. If you feel so inclined, share something in the comments that you are grateful for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you have no idea how grateful we are for you - Jeff - und unsere zwei Grosskinder!!!!

Kerry said...

Yea! That was such a good post! I feel the same way! We had a great lesson on Elder Oak's talk of unselfish service, and my whole perspective has changed this week:) Thanks for posting this:) I'm grateful for my wonderful husband, and all the efforts he puts into the family, our cozy and wonderful apartment, "more than enough" money, the church (and a great new ward!), my friends (especially those college ones!), my FAMILY! And there's more:) Thanks Michelle!

Beth said...

WE are grateful for YOU!! and all the other things you mentioned. Good health is another thing to be grateful for.