Saturday, October 31, 2009

Autumn Colors in Arizona

Living in the Valley, you don't really feel like it is autumn. You are still wearing your clothes that you wore all summer, the temps still reach the low 100s, and there are no changing leaves. I miss some of those autumn changes, and so we decided to go to Pinetop to visit the Angles, a couple from Jeff's mission, and to see some fall colors.

We enjoyed ourselves, and the Angles wonderful hospitality. We played at the park and went for a walk around the lake there, we went to a little carnival, and then went on a hike to see the rim. It was wonderful! We very much enjoyed our little trip, and the time that we were able to spend together. Enjoy the viewing a little bit of Autumn in Arizona.

We got to see some ducks and geese. Some other people there were kind enough to offer us some of the bread that they brough to feed them. This goose was getting a little closer than I was comfortable with. We had to make sure that Lydia threw the bread far enough away so they wouldn't go for her fingers!

The family pictures we took didn't turn out the way we hoped. We stood in the wrong spot, so the sun was behind us and it cast some glares on the lens. :( Oh well, we did get some good pictures of us with the girls though!








I love how Lydia is glancing back to Claire in this one. They are so sweet!


Lydia thinks it is funny to get Claire to scowl at us. While we were walking back to the car, Lydia turned to Claire and said, "Claire, can you scowl?" And within seconds this was the face that we saw!


With the Angles right before we drove back home.
It was a short little trip, but we enjoyed it!

6 comments:

Rachael Caldwell said...

Your little girls are SO ADORABLE! :D

Molly said...

Michelle, the girls are so cute and it did look like fun, but it looked awfully green to me!!!

Michelle said...

Molly- In looking back at the post, yes, the pictures at the beginning are pretty green. But if you look at them, they are pine trees, so of course they would still be green. (Well, and there were some trees that hadn't changed yet.) It was more the pictures at the end of the post I was referring too, and even though the colors were few and far between, it is a BIG contrast compared to the valley. So, I guess I'll take what I can get! :)

Sue Boyd said...

What a nice mini-vacation! I love the one with Lydia looking back at Claire, and Claire doing her scowl! The one with Claire sitting alone in the back pack looks like she's saying "Hey, don't forget me!" Whatever she was enjoying in the little bag sure must have been important, she's hanging on to it for dear life in most of the pictures! We love you! Mutte

Natalie said...

LOVE the scowl!!! Your girls are so adorable!! I can't wait to see you!!!

Celeste said...

cute cute kids. I love your autumn adventure. We need to go on one too. After six years of living here, I just now realized that we don't have any fall colors EITHER. The leaves go from green, to brown to on the ground.