Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pumpkins

This year we went to the farm as one of our Family Home Evening Activities (it ended up happening on a Tuesday though, because Jeff had to stay late at school on Monday). We had a fun time. The girls loved getting on the tractor, playing in the bounce house, playing in the play house, decorating their pumpkins, and going on the hay ride (which if you ask me, wasn't that thrilling, but the girls thought it was fun!).



I'm not thrilled with Lydia's hand placement, but at least both of them are looking at the camera and look plesant! :)
The next day I decided to carve our pumpkin with the girls. I was to cheap to buy a medium sized pumpkin at the pumpkin patch (a small pumpkin came with the girls entrance fee), so I went and bought a much cheaper one at the grocery store. When I pulled the top off she proclaimed that it looked like a jelly fish. Clever girl!
This is the first year that Lydia actually stuck her hand in the pumpkin. She thought it was kind of cool!
This was about as far in as Claire got her hand. She wasn't so sure she wanted to touch the stuff.
I found a pumpkin carving kit on clearance last year after Halloween. It came with patterns and Lydia picked out the ghost for our pumpkin. It also came with the fun eyes to put in. Both girls thought it looked pretty cool afterwards. Although Lydia wanted to change it to the cat. I told her that we couldn't change this one, but maybe next year we could do the cat!
Claire had fun pulling the eyes out and putting them back in.

I love all the fun things that you can do this time of year!

No comments: