Saturday, March 13, 2010

Claire gets bangs

My little Claire has finally had scissors taken to her hair. I don't know if I can really call it a haircut, because all I did was create bangs. It was getting to the point where she constantly had hair in her face. It didn't matter if I pulled it back, or if I sprayed it, she had hair in her face. I figured a few bangs would help that problem out a little bit.

See what I mean? And she wouldn't very often move her hair. She just left it!
Getting ready to get started. I pulled her hair back so that I could get an even set of bangs.
The first picture with bangs!
After taking these ones below, I realized it was a little crooked, so after these two pictures, I fixed it.
Playing peek-a-boo!!
Later in day, with her hair going to the side instead of straight back. I feel like she looks so much older with them!
In the evening, playing before bed time. I realize that there is a piece of hair that it looks like I missed, but this piece didn't fit in with where I had defined her bangs. I didn't want her to have a massive set of bangs, so I tried to go with a small set. This means that occaionally she still has pieces in front of her face, but just not quite so much. And, cutting an almost 2 year olds hair isn't easy, thus, her bangs aren't totally straight. Ah well, I still think she looks cute. :)
Jeff couldn't believe how different she looked after I did this. I sent him a picture via text and his first response was "Oh wow." I thought he didn't like it. He clarified for me that he thought she looked so different and he couldn't believe it was Claire!! Oh, how she is growing!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Claire looks adorable with her new bangs - great job!

Quinn and Anjuli said...

They look really cute! And you're right they do make her look older. Bravo I'm sure it's pretty crazy trying to cut a 2-year old's hair! (or almnost two I mean :))

Marie said...

She looks cute!! Great job Michelle!!

Jodi said...

What a cutie! We are trying to grow out Kayla's bangs and so far it's a big mess. I might go back to bangs in a few weeks. You're family is SOO cute! We should get together and play!

Tyson and Laurel said...

Every time we see a picture of Claire Tyson just gets all happy. He chuckles and says 'oh claire'. We think she is just so adorable!

Boyd Family said...

Wow! She's all grown up!! How was your birthday? Was Jeff gone? Thanks for Jace's b-day wishes and we'll be calling you guys in a couple of days!! Love you all!

Julie said...

I think she looks so cute! The bangs do make her look older.

Kerry said...

They look great! I like how you didn't put that line too far back on her head. You should see some of my 4 year old pics, my mom made the bangs start in the middle of my head. I think it was a great idea! And actually turned out really cute (as in bangs aren't for everyone!):)