Sunday, March 21, 2010

Girls Hike

Jeff took a little adventure for 9 days to Germany. We were all jealous. We are glad he got to have fun and learn at his conference, but we are even more glad that he is home!!

While he was gone we tried to keep ourselves busy. We enjoyed celebrating my birthday with friends and family (thank you all!!), did our usual stuff, and then went on a hike!!

We went to Lost Dutchman State Park, and enjoyed the beautiful March weather. Claire fortunately enjoyed the backpack this time. Lydia was such a trooper and walked. We hiked for a while, stopped and had lunch and then turned around. We finished the rest of our lunch back at a picnic table near the car, and then I let Claire out to walk for a while. I think all in all we hiked around 1 1/4 miles.

They had a Discovery Trail that we hiked on. The girls had fun seeing the imprints of the animals feet and seeing how big they were compared to their own.

Anyhow, here are a few pictures. They aren't the greatest quality because I took them with my phone, but it shows a little of the beauty of the desert.

This is Lydia next to a wolf sun dial.



I was so glad that Claire smiled for this picture. It turned out so well!



Thanks sweet girls for a fun hike!!

8 comments:

Celeste said...

holy cow - your phone takes awesome pictures!!! looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that picture of the three of you!!! You all have such beautiful smiles!

sherry said...

I love the picture of you three, too. Way to smile Claire!!
Love, Aunt Sherry
p.s. I want to hear about Jeff's trip, please!

Michelle said...

If you want to hear about Jeff's trip, I need more comments on here to hound him to post about it. I can't post since I didn't go and can't really explain it acurately. :)

ashley g. said...

You are such a good momma. Look at you- taking them out on a hike!

And that smiley pic of all three of you is absolutely adorable.

Maria said...

How Awesome! So, THAT is how you stay in such good shape! :) You are such a good, brave mom for taking them by yourself! I am glad you guys had so much fun and created memories!

Molly said...

ummm i'm pretty sure that most of your cell phone pictures came out better than my camera pictures ever do, and it is a really beatiful place, everthing still looks kind of dead around here.

HeatherC said...

That place looks awesome! We are putting that on our places to see soon list! Good for you taking them all on your own, I'm not sure I'd be so inclined with two (or one really)... And hey, it was fun to hang out at the playground today. Glad you could come!