
Stacey completed her master's thesis on activities to do with guided reading and shared reading, and has decided to share with us some of the many wonderful things that she wrote about and has experienced with reading. She is highlighting all different things you can do with books with your children, by yourself, and with other important people in your life. She has talked about creating shared experiences with books, spiritual literacy, where to get books, books we enjoy, and even more. I have enjoyed reading all of these ideas of what you can do, and being reminded of different activities that I can do to strengthen my children's reading, and my own personal reading. Really, she has done an excellent job with these posts. It is making me excited to do more with reading with my kids and more activities with reading in general, now that I am finally feeling more normal after having a baby and moving all at the same time!
She asked for guest posts, and I thought it would be fun to share my feelings about reading with my children. My first post was yesterday, and was a lot more difficult to write than I anticipated! Go here to read it.
I will be guest posting again about my experiences when I taught Reading Recovery. I am really excited to share some of the things that I did to strengthen struggling readers. When that post is up, I'll post a link to it too! Here is the link to my second post (added 3-22-11).
So, go check Stacey out and leave comments that relate to the posts she has written. That is another thing that has made her series so great, is reading some of the awesome comments!
The first post of the series starts here.
To see the whole series, go here.
No comments:
Post a Comment