I looked outside this morning and noticed that the ground was wet and thought, "Oh, they were right, it did rain." Then a couple hours later I looked outside and it was pouring. It reminded me of a good Washington rain. Lydia and I went and sat out on the patio to watch the rain because in my mind, this wouldn't last very long. We weren't outside very long because we needed to leave soon, but it was so nice to smell the rain and enjoy the coolness that it brought.
To make a long story short, it ended up pouring for a good 4+ hours today, and it is still raining. It is more intermittent now, but the gutters are pretty full with water, and there have been flash flood warnings issued. All over the valley rain totals, as of this evening, are around 1/4 of an inch to 3/4 of an inch; pretty significant for us when one weather station I looked at recorded our last measureable rain as 4/100 of an inch October 4th.
Well, that is a little bit of weather news from Arizona! We hope this finds you well and enjoying the beginning of this wonderful Christmas season!
*****Updated on December 13:*******
Once I looked at the final total for rain on the 30th of November, it was 1. 73 inches, so a lot more than the 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch they origianlly said the totals were. Crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment