Friday, November 9, 2007

My cool new book


A couple of weeks ago, I entered this contest on the blog From Dates to Diapers. Christine, the blogger, was celebrating her birthday and was doing a week long giveaway. Well, surprisingly enough to me, I actually won!! I won a personalized book or CD from Made Just for Me. I went and checked out their site, and found a cute book entitled, "Little One, Little One, What Do You See?" I liked it better than the CD that would be good for someone Lydia's age, so we got the book for Lydia for Christmas. It is darling. Throughout the book it uses her name, and eventually at the end it uses my name and where she is from. I read it to her after we got it (I figure she isn't going to remember it by Christmas), and whenever I said her name she kind of looked at me. It still didn't hold her attention very long as half way through the book she got up, but it held her attention longer than some books we have! I don't think that she'll appreciate as much until she is a little older, but still, I really like it. I think she'll like that it has her name in it. If you want to read the book, just click on the link above, and the book that we picked is on their main page. The website allows you to read through the book to see if that is actually the book you want. They have books and CD's for all different ages, so it was fun to check it out.

Well, I just wanted to share my fun news! I was a excited that I got the book. Here is a picture from Lydia's bath the other night. She loves bathtime! However, she likes to stand and dump water, rather than sit in the tub. It is funny. Anyhow, in the picture I have just thrown some water and her and she is laughing.
Yes, the poor girl has a bruise on her forehead. She took a little spill in the kitchen the other day. I guess that is what happens when you have an active little girl running around!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey chica. Our blog site is: thelearningyears.blogspot.com. Also, I am "tagging you. :) See our site for details. Basically you put 6 things on your blog about you (habits/facts). Then tag 6 people and ask them to visit your site and read and so on. If you don't wanna, no worries. But still visit ours, we put new pics of the kid. :) love ya. Lisa

Andrea Hale said...

Hey! Cute blog! I love the pictures.