Friday, November 16, 2007

The Sharing of Random Facts

(better known as "Playing Tag")

The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I am really missing fall right now. I miss the colors, I miss the cool crisp air, I miss being able to wear my sweaters. I remember several years ago talking with my roommates about how we loved being able to pull out our sweaters. Yeah, I definitely miss being able to wear my sweaters. I guess I'll get a few months of it, so it will all be good. I think that it is just going to take some time to adjust to the idea of what the seasons should be like (or maybe that is the lack thereof).

2. I miss having some sort of moisture in the air. I definitely do not miss the rain that can make it gloomy, but I do miss every so often having a good rain. I don't know what it is, but I really like the smell of rain. It rained yesterday, for maybe 10 minutes, and it was hardly rain at all. Maybe a drizzle. But still, it at least cooled things off a bit.

3. The second pregnancy is way different from the first. Maybe that is because you have the result of pregnancy #1 running around!! I love feeling my baby move inside of me, hearing her heartbeat at doctor's appointments, and thinking about what she will look like. This time around, I am getting more Braxton-Hicks (when you have none the first time, it is a little weird) and I am definitely more tired and more achey, among other things. But you know what, it is all worth it. Especially when I see the little baby placed in my arms and know that I had a part in creating her. Babies are such wonderful miracles.

4. One day, I want to go back to school and get a master's degree. It will definitely be related to education and literacy. What I would do specifically, I am not quite sure; however working as a Reading Recovery teacher the past two years and seeing how these kids grow with literacy has just made me want to study it more so that I can help little kids out. I guess we'll see if I ever do go, but I would love to eventually one day get more schooling.

5. Lately I have realized how much I enjoy learning. Jeff comes home from school and sometimes we'll talk about new things that he is working on, and we bounce ideas off of each other. It is fun to hear what he is doing and think about suggestions that might possibly help. Jeff also has this theory class that really makes you think, and it is fun to hear what they have been talking about in the class, and then think about my feelings on the subject, or to realize, that I have no clue, and maybe I should be more informed. I also have been enjoying reading more educational type material, or feeling more involved in my community.

6. For me, moving has always been hard. It doesn't matter that I moved a lot as a kid because my dad is in the military, and that fact alone would make you think that I am used to it. I enjoy going to the new place and seeing new things and making new friends. But it is always hard to leave the old behind. We feel like we are adjusting well and Jeff is enjoying his program at ASU. We are starting to make friends, and hope that in the time we are here we will make lots of new friends and have a blast. It has been nice to be so close to my extended family and I am sure I will get to know them in new ways. Moving is hard, but in the end it is always well worth the effort.

Well, these have all been facts, as you can tell, and they are all things that have been on my mind recently. Seeing as I am suppose to tag someone and I don't really know who to tag, I am going to take the liberty of saying if you want to play tag, then, "Tag! You're It!"

(The picture, by the way, is from Sunday. I will be 21 weeks tomorrow, so you can see the start of my little belly!!) :)

2 comments:

Richard and Tiffany said...

Hi Michelle, your blog is really cute and I liked all those facts about you! Congratulations on having a girl, that's so exciting, and I love the name!

Aly Porter said...

Michelle! Your little girl is adorable! :) And congrats again on being preg.! Babies are such a wonderful miracle! I can't wait for the Lord to bless us with one of us his children! :) Everything looks great! And I love your blog :)