In preparing for General Conference, I prayed that I might be able to get a specific message from Conference that would best help me, and one big one I got was inspired by President Monson's Sunday morning talk. (everything I mention is taken from my notes, which means they may be worded differently than he spoke them, and in the way that I heard them for me).
- He spoke of Change, and how we can inspire change.
- He talked of finding joy in the journey NOW, and eventually later too!
- We need to dwell on today, not the past.
- We need to say "I love you" more.
- We need to relish our lives as we live it NOW.
- We need to not focus on what we are missing, but what we have.
- We need to fill our days with the things that matter.
I hope that I will be able to focus on finding joy in my journey. I think some days I try to be the perfect mom, and I try too hard, and let the things that really matter slip. I still need to be better about finding ways to keep my house in order, and finding time for me, and finding a way to not guilt trip myself about not doing enough (or doing too much), but, President Monson's message spoke to me about finding joy in this journey that we call life.
October hasn't been over the top fabulous; but I feel that with this new outlook I'll be able to enjoy life more; even when the bumps in the road start appearing more than usual.
(Besides, I do have these cute faces to help in finding more Joy in my journey! Although I must admit they are sometimes the source of the bumps...but they are worth it.)
3 comments:
I loved Pres. Monson's talk too! It really is important to choose to be happy and to see the good in every situation. Besides, I love those little bumps in your road (Lydia and Claire)!
Love, Mom
i'm glad you posted this! i feel the same way too!
Claire's smile makes us happy. She has a very cute smile. :)
Post a Comment