Saturday, October 18, 2008

Warning: Violation of the instructions may cuase serious injury or death


This is the first line of the user guide to my new cell phone (or almost first line, but it is what caught my attention). While waiting to use my cell phone (it had to charge first), I glanced through the user guide, and these were the funny warnings that were offered at the beginning:
  • Never place your phone in a microwave oven as it will cause the battery to explode
  • When riding in a car, do not leave your phone or set up the hands-free kit near the air bag. If wireless equipment is improperly installed and the air bag is deployed, you may be seriously injured.
  • Do not use the phone in areas where its use is prohibited. (For example: aircraft)
  • Do not expose the battery charger or adapter to direct sunlight or use it in places with high humidity, such as a bathroom.
  • Do no use harsh chemicals (such as alcohol, benzene, thinners, etx) or detergetns to clean your phone. This could cause a fire.
  • Do not drop, strike, or shake your phone severely. It may harm the internal circuit boards of the phone.
  • Do not handle the phone with wet hands while it is being charged. It may cause an electric shock or seriously damage your phone.
  • Make sure that no sharp-edged items, such as animal's teeth or nails, come into contact with the battery. This could cause a fire. (This one had a picture next to it of a dog holding a phone in his mouth with a square around in and a line through the picture).
  • Be careful that children do not swallow any parts (such as earphone, connection parts of the phone, etc.) This could cause asphyxiation or suffocation resulting in serious injury or death.

I thought these were a little humorous. Most of them are DUH! I just thought that you might enjoy getting a little laugh!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Kind of like back in the 90's when McDonald's had to start putting on their coffee that it was hot and could cause burns if spilled. What people won't sue over!!!

PS - I do want some soap, but have been super busy. I'll e-mail ya on Monday! Off to donate/throw-away some of our surplus of toys!

Jeff Boyd said...

Where's the picture of your new phone?

Michelle said...

I got one off of a website, added it to the post, and it was dinky and looked funny, so I took it off. If you want to add one when you get home, you are more than welcome to! :)