Friday, December 26, 2008

My recent project

I have several catch up posts that I want to do, so here is my first one. The dining room table and chairs that we have were given to us by Jeff's parents. They were ones that they had obtained through the military furniture distribution and were not using anymore and allowed us to have. Suzee said she had recovered them several times, and that is it was easy to do. We have had them covered in this floral print that she last put on them for the 3 1/2 years we have had them. Finally, they were starting to wear out, become very (in some cases VERY) dirty, and I was ready for a change.

Here is Lydia modeling one of the chairs with the floral print that was on the chair when they were given to us.
This one is one is the one that I put the girls chair on, and neglected to put something underneath to help keep it clean, thus, it was starting to really gross me out. (I know, I know, embarassing, but hey, I cleaned it up didn't I?)

I decided that I wanted a blue, and found one with a subtle flourish on it. Then, because of the messes my girls make and accidents that happen, I decided that I would also cover it with vinyl. It wasn't too tricky, Although I probably could have used thicker staples to hold the fabric and the vinyl on. Here is the finished project!


I thought that they turned out pretty nice. I lighter blue turned out quiet lighter in the picture though. Because of the vinyl, it is a little harder to see. Below you can see Claire modeling it in use. I really like that it will be easy to clean off!

4 comments:

Marie said...

These look great! You did a nice job and I think the fabric is pretty. I've always avoided fabric-covered chairs because I knew they would get messed up. If I ever find any now I can just ask you how to cover them in vinyl!! :)

Bree said...

They look great Michelle! Awesome job! And super smart idea to put vinyl over the fabric... makes for an easy clean up.

Tyson and Laurel said...

Good work! That's an awesome idea. I am very impressed. ;)

PRC said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/9-jenis-jenis-kurma-yang-nikmat-dikonsumsi-sebagai-peneman-berbuka-puasa