Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I wuv you Carebear


While we were in Washington, Lydia had another "First." It was the first time that she told her sister "I love you." It was soooooo sweet. I wanted to cry.

We were sitting on the bed, and had both girls with us, when Lydia starts to kiss Claire's feet. Then she looked at her and said, "I wuv you Carebear. I wuv you." Oh, melt my heart!

She has told Claire this at least once since we have come back too. It is soo sweet. Lydia has definitely gotten better with the idea of having a little sister around, although she still has her moments too! She doesn't like it when Claire cries. If Claire has been sleeping, and wakes up, Lydia is the first to say something. One day I had left Claire in her crib to see if she might go back to sleep because it hadn't been very long. Lydia was starting to get a little agitated that I hadn't gone and gotten Claire out, so Lydia decided that she would take care of it. As she is running to their bedroom, she starts yelling, "I coming Carebear! I coming!" It was so sweet. I just love my girls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww......

Beth said...

We "wuv" you too, Lydia! I love seeing pictures of those cute girls and I love remembering Claire's "noooo, no!" and Lydia's declaration of love. I wish I'd written down some of the fun things you would do and say. I do remember that your first word (Michelle) was, "uh-oh." I must have said that a lot. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

just so you know, Kimia and I like to say "I pee my shoe" a lot because we thought it was funny when Lydia said it.

Bree said...

Dang... that is so cute! Totally "melt-your-heart" worthy! So cute.