Example #1
I did end up taking Lydia to the doctor because she kept waking in the middle of the night, and then she suddenly told us her ear hurt. Low and behold, ear infection #1. (I know, crazy, she is 3 1/2 and this is her first one.) When our doctor checks ears, he "sees" characters in the kids ears. Lydia was so excited because he saw Tinker Bell and Sleeping Beauty in hers. Later, Lydia decided that she needed to check Jeff's ears. In his ears she saw Spider Man and Cars. We thought it was pretty funny.
Example #2
Another time Lydia proclaimed that boys have underwear with Spider Man and Cars on them. Girls have ponies and princesses.
Example #3
Lydia and I made penguins out of toilet paper tubes and construction paper. It was a fun activity to work on shapes and let her help cutting where she could. However, we made a boy and a girl penguin. When she was telling me which one was the girl, she said I needed to add lines to it. I was a little confused at first, until I realized what she meant. Eyelashes. Girls have eyelashes, and boys don't.
I am sure there have been more, but these were the ones that come to mind. It is so fun to watch little kids and how their minds work!
1 comment:
That is TOO funny!! I have loved Jonathan recognizing the differences. I saw a mouse in our garage when I went out to get Jonathan's scooter. I screamed and said, "sorry, Jonathan, I can't get it." Jonathan says, "Mommy, I can do it, I am a big strong man!" He went out and got it while saying, "See, mommy, men are not afraid of a mouse." :) And THAT is why I have TWO boys! :)
Post a Comment