Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I did it!!

I finally cut Lydia's hair!! I can't believe that I actually did it. There have been times in the past few months where I said I was going to cut her hair, and then never did. Today, I decided I would cut it. I called Jeff up and told him what I was going to do, and his response was, "Then why are you calling me?" I guess I wanted to make sure that he was okay with what I was going to do before I did it. I have been feeling like something needed to change with her hair. It was starting to become uneven, and Lydia often times didn't like me to do her hair. Even when she would let me do her hair, often times within a half an hour it looked terrible. So, once I got up the guts to do it, Lydia got her first hair cut.

I was a little nervous, but not too bad. I got a popsicle for her, and put her on the sink in the bathroom. She had just had a bath, so her hair was clean and wet. I got the scissors, and the spray bottle, and wetted her hair a little more since some had dried and we went at it. Here is a before picture of how long her hair was.

The whole hair cutting experience wasn't too bad, except the scissors that I had chosen to cut her hair with were TERRIBLE!! I thought that since they had come with Jeff's clippers that they would be better than just regular paper scissors, but not so. Next time I cut her hair, I am going to make sure I have some better hair cutting scissors. I had only intended to cut her hair to her shoulders, but that is not quite how it all happened. I know that when your hair dries it is shorter, so I started cutting her hair below her shoulders; yet these scissors were so terrible- and I didn't have the most cooperative child- that in order to get her hair straight I cut it a lot shorter than I intended too. However, I think that I really like it! It looks cute on her. There are still some spots that could be evened out a little bit, but I am not trying anything else on her until I get better scissors, and her hair grows out a little bit! Besdies, overall, her hair looks pretty good!

Now, what you have all been waiting for, the end result. The first few are immediately after cutting, and then later on styled.




Yay for cute summer hair!!! Even though summer is half way over, we'll still get the summer heat for a while...

7 comments:

Sue Boyd said...

What a cutie! It will be cooler for her too. At least she'll let you put a clip in it! Jer and kids just left, Jessie and Janie's hair never looked so bad as when their Dad or Oma tried to fix it. First thing Makell did at the airport this afternoon was pull out the brush and "fix" it! Luv ya . . . Suzee

Jen plus 6 said...

Way cute haircut!!!

I tagged you, check my blog! ;^)

lrbodine said...

It looks darling! Although I'm coveting her hair since I think my little Ellie is going to be in Kindergarten before he finally has enough hair to cut.

Blake and Laura said...

It looks great! I would never attempt this with Makayla!!!

Andrea Hale said...

Her hair looks really cute! :) Grant is well. Thanks so much for your comment by the way!

sunny said...

Oh goodness! You have guts! I haven't been abel to do that to Raquel's hair yet and she's 3 1/2! It's a cute bob, too. I love it!

Boyd Family said...

Michelle,
She looks sooo grown up with her hair cut. It is darling!