Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lydia Sleeping By the Nightlight

A couple of weeks ago Lydia would get out of her bed after we had put her to bed and end up falling asleep on the floor. She would usually fall asleep right behind the door. One night she didn't and she look so peaceful in the light of the nightlight that I snuck in the tripod and took some shots. I played with them a little bit and decided I liked the artsy feel when I converted them to black and white. I left one in color. Note the swim diaper in her hand. She loves swimming. In fact we're going after dinner tonight!




I put her back in bed after I took the photos. She's been a lot better recently about staying in bed. Last night, however, we heard her out of her bed and decided just to ignore her and put her back in bed after she falls asleep (she stays up even later if we go back frequently to put her back in bed if she's not asleep). When we went in later to put her in bed, we found she had put herself back in bed! That's progress.

2 comments:

Blake and Laura said...

I like the pictures in black in white. It gives it a good mood/feeling. Makayla used to fall asleep on the floor or her rocking chair of by the door but this past week she too has learned that her bed is more comfortable and we find her there after she falls asleep instead of the other places. Lydia is so big. Those pictures make her look long.

Edda Phillips said...

Wow, really good pictures!! I didn't know you were into photography... And I can't believe how big Lydia is! I can't believe she was once the little baby we watched during Divine Comedy shows!