Friday, May 8, 2009

Easter

I am far behind, but oh well. I am finally a month later posting about Easter. I didn't get very many pictures, sad. But oh well.

On Saturday, my extended family had an Easter Egg Hunt. Because of the rain, it was delayed, but eventually did happen. Lydia loved looking for eggs and finding what what in them. Near the end of the hunt, Grandpa Hale put some money in an egg and laid it on the ground and then said, "Lydia, look." She picked up the egg, opened it, and said, "Money!!" It was pretty funny. Claire couldn't have cared less about looking for eggs. Before the eggs were hidden she walked up to the first pair of legs wearing jeans and then clung to them. Ann was the lucky bearer of the legs, and picked Claire up and she snuggled with her. Even after knowing it wasn't mommy holding her, Claire stayed with her. This was a major break through for her. For the rest of the hunt Claire sat with Grandma Hale and Treyson (who is just a few months younger than Claire) and she played with an egg. It was cute.

Later that evening, the Easter bunny filled the Easter baskets. Jeff, being sad that he missed the Easter Egg hunt earlier, suggested we have another mini one. This time Claire got into it a little. I think when she realized there was a treat in them (1 jelly bean), she decided it was worth looking for some eggs. Lydia just liked finding the eggs and eating what was inside of them, too.

Here are some pictures from Saturday. I didn't get very many, but they had fun! :) (Lydia also had some candy from a birthday party that day, she was pretty pleased with her loot from that too!)



We had a busy Sunday, as I was involved in several of the musical numbers. It made for a glorious day though, as we were able to sing praises to our Lord and Savior. I am so grateful for the sacrifices that He has made for me, and that He loves me and my family, and blesses us. The songs added wonderfully to the meeting, and I felt grateful that I was given the opportunity to sing, and to add my testimony to the meeting through song. It was very emotional for me, and I tried to prepare and allow the Spirit to be conveyed in the way I presented the song. It was an amazing experience to say the least. The music must have also had an impact on Lydia. For a couple of weeks after the meeting you would randomly hear Lydia burst into, "Ahh, turn me not away, receive me though unworthy." I was glad that she listened and hopefully felt the feeling of peace of the day. Later when we were home, I was holding the April Ensign magazine, which at the end had a picture of Jesus with Mary at the garden tomb. I showed her the picture and with no preface from me she told me it was Jesus and Mary at the tomb. She even told me that they put the rock in front of it. I was suprised that she knew this, and ask how she knew it. She then proceeded to get her handout from Nursery, which was a drawing that depicted the event. I am grateful for her Nursery leaders who also help my daughter to feel the Spirit, and learn about the amazing events that surrounded our Savior's life.

Later that day we attended a family dinner. It was wonderful to be with family and to see my Grandma McClellan. She had been in a car accident the Friday before, and spent the night in the hospital. She was in a lot of pain that day, and didn't complain at all. I know that through the power of priesthood blessings Grandma has now made a full, and relatively quick I might add, recovery. We felt very blessed that things turned out the way they did, and that Grandma is still able to bless us for years to come. It was fun to see our family, and watch as we all tried to help Grandma and make things easier on her. I have such a wonderful family!!

Here are a few of the pictures from Sunday for your enjoyment!

When I tried to take a few pictures of Lydia, all she wanted to do was somersault. Hey, at least she is pretty good at it! :)


Claire got a hold of more chocolate than I realized, and before I could do anythin about it, it was all down the front of her cute dress. :(

These were the best that I could get of the girls together. The first one I took, Lydia looks really cute, but Claire felt Lydia was holding on to her too tightly and is crying. In this one, Lydia is saying cheese!
Claire is looking in this one, (although Lydia was looking until I took the picture, of course) and is now wearing an old dress from when I was a baby.

We hope that you all had a wonderful Easter, and that the Spirit of Easter is able to the whole year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire looks a TON like her daddy. I never realized it so much until the photos in this post. She is so cute! If everything is going well with school then I will see all of you for Natalie's wedding- yay!

Beth said...

Three cheers for nursery leaders! They are unsung heros who, I believe, will receive many blessings for their service someday. I'm glad you had such a nice Easter.
I also loved seeing Claire in your baby dress! It was one of my favorites when you were little.
Can't wait to see you soon!