We left our little house on June 18th to begin the first part of our trip, a mini-family vacation in Moab, UT. We left a little later than we had intended, but oh well, we were going to have fun! The girls slept and we drove as long as possible while they slept. We stopped at the Navajo National Monument for a few minutes, but were too late to get into the visitor's center because it had already closed (I had forgotten that the Reservation operates on daylight savings time, even though the rest of Arizona does not). We decided that we didn't have time for the hike (it was a mile round trip, whereas Jeff had thought that it was just off the visitor's center) and left to continue driving. We realized that we had not factored in the time change into when we were leaving, and were a little pressed for time. We stopped briefly in Monticello to see the temple there. It was beautiful the way it was all lit up at night, so we took some pictures and continued on to Moab. When finally pulled into our motel we were just glad to be there. Lydia was a little stir crazy, but we finally got her to bed and went to bed ourselves, preparing for our next day in Moab!
This is Jeff and Lydia at the Navajo National Monument.
The next day (June 19th) after sleeping in a little and enjoying our continental breakfast, we went and found some pictographs in Moab. It was actually pretty neat because we got to a group of pictographs just as some people who had paid for a tour got there also. We eavesdropped a little bit, and learned some neat facts about some of the pictographs. Then, we set off for Canyonlands National Park. Once at the park, we went to the visitor's center. Lydia loved running and looking at the neat things in the visitor's center. Afterwards, we went on 2 short little hikes. Jeff had Lydia in the backpack carrier, and I had Claire in the front carrier. They both did awesome!! On one of our hikes, we had to climb up 2 ladders. It wasn't too bad until I got to the top and realized what way we had to continue!! Fortunately, all was good and we had an enjoyable hike! When all was said in done, we drove out of the park, stopped at Newspaper rock, and drove back to our motel. We went and had dinner, and then took Lydia swimming. She LOVES to go swimming, and it was a good way for her to get some energy out!
Some of the pictographs
A cowboy campground in Canyonlands (Apparently, they used to allow cowboys to come through Canyonlands with their cattle; however, in 1976 they ended that, yet these campgrounds still remain)
Our family on a hike in Canyonlands National Park
Newspaper Rock
Here I am wearing Lydia's hat. I had made a comment how I wished I had my hat, so Lydia handed me hers so that I would have one! What a sweet girl!
Delicate Arch
Double Arch (I keep mixing this Arch up with the Windows. I remembered them incorrectly, so now sometimes I call this the Windows.)
I hope you enjoyed our pictures! Part Two coming soon...
2 comments:
I don't know, it just looks HOT to me! Cute girls though, and they seem to be enjoy it!
Oma
Great pictures! The four of you are becoming National Park experts.
By the way, how do you organize the pictures on your blog with words between them? I can't seem to figure that one out, yet. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. :)
Love you! Mom
Post a Comment