Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby Cheapskate- An Awesome Blog


I really like this blog. It has saved me so much money on baby stuff!! And by baby stuff, I mainly mean diapers. Every week on Sunday Angie (the blog writer) posts where all the best diaper (and formula) deals for the week are. She will also post links to coupons that she gets from readers, and other bloggers. My favorite coupons are the ones to Target for $$ off Luvs diapers. This way I try and get my diapers at the best cost to me. Last year just after Thanksgiving she posted about buying diapers at K-mart and then getting a free $10 toy (or $10 off if it was more than $10). Perfect timing as we were getting Christmas presents and needed diapers anyway!

Aside from diapers, she also does posts on ways to save money on carseats, and other baby related items. Just this past week she did a great post on carseats. (See here) I really liked it as in the next six months we will need to get Claire a new carseat. There were also a couple posts on the most Valuable baby item, and the most Worthless baby item. She did a week where she posted on cloth diapers. Very interesting. Occasionally she has things posted on where to get FREE stuff (and who doesn't love free stuff).

Sometimes the things she post just aren't what I need, but I feel like the savings that I have gotten from knowing where the deals for diapers are has been a great help! So, you should check Baby Cheapskate out. Even if you don't have babies, she sometimes has stuff for older kids, or you can pass along the info to someone you know. Happy reading!

2 comments:

lrbodine said...

I love this site also. I have to tell you that I got the Cosco Alpha Omega car seat (top rated on Consumer Reports) at Big Lots of all places! It was right around $80 if I remember correctly.

Jamie W. said...

Awesome!! I've never heard of this. Thanks for sharing.