We have had a wonderful first year living in Arizona! Jeff and Lydia (and later Claire) have been able to meet the majority of my family members that they had not met, we added Claire to our family (how fun!), and Jeff has finished his first year of grad school, and now started his second!
We have learned a lot about living in the desert, and how life is different down here. There is a high country in Arizona, (yeah, I didn't know that). And you view the seasons down here like this:
- March, April, and May is spring, with summer sneaking in the end of May.
- June, July, and August is summer 1.
- September, October, and Novemeber are summer 2, when most of you are experiencing fall.
- December, January, and February are fall (winter), with everyone else having winter, and then spring starts creeping in here the end of February. I put the winter part in parentheses because it can get pretty cold here at night, but still, we don't have the snow to shovel that lots of people have. (I must admit, I don't miss worrying about driving around in the snow)
Basically, our blog started right before we moved here, so there is life in Arizona! We are looking forward to more years in Arizona and enjoying our family down here, and the new friends we have made. If anyone is coming to Arizona, you are more than welcome to come and visit us and even stay with us if you want to!! (We don't have a lot of room, but we could work it all out!) Weather wise, if you don't want to roast, October to March are some of the best times to visit us.
Seeing as this is our 100th post, I thought I would do something clever, but I don't really have the time, so, Happy 100th post!! :)
1 comment:
What part of AZ are you in? I can't remember. You have a beautiful family! Glad things are going well for you!
Post a Comment