Friday, September 5, 2008

Lydia Moments

There have been several moments when Lydia does something that makes me laugh (and when do most kids not?), so I decided to share a few.

A few weeks ago, I was trying to watch the weather report on the news. Lydia wanted me to do something with her and kept turning the TV off. I would turn it back on to listen to the report, and again, she would turn it off. After several times of this going back and forth, Lydia turned the TV off, unplugged it, and looked at me and said, "No Tee." Apparently, we were done with the TV for the evening.

Right now we are in the midst of potty training Lydia, and she is doing pretty well (for the most part!). Now, however, she has a love for making anything go potty on the toilet. I have seen her doll being held over the potty seat, and been told, "She pee." Yesterday, Lydia was playing and had come in to see me in a very happy mood. Moments later I hear her crying, and she was VERY upset. As I go to see what is wrong, Lydia leads me to the problem. Apparently her Duplo boy was going to the bathroom and he fell (please read: Lydia dropped him) into the toilet. It was pretty traumatic for Lydia, and I was trying very hard not to laugh!!

Lydia also enjoys nursing her babies and putting them to bed. It can be really funny! If you ask her what she is doing, she'll say, "Baby, eat!" or "Baby seep!" (Baby Sleep). You can tell how the baby at her house gets fed! When putting the baby to bed, she will often give them books and tell me which ones she gave it. (The picture to the left is of Lydia feeding her baby, which at the time I believe was Pooh Bear)

We love our Lydia!! She definitely makes our lives interesting. :)

7 comments:

Beth said...

Gotta love those "Lydia moments!" Thanks for sharing. I hope you survived tonight while Lydia is camping with her dad. We'll be looking for some pictures of the Daddy/Daughter date when they get back. ;)

Sue Boyd said...

I decided years ago that one of the hardest part of parenting toddlers is NOT laughing at naughty things. These aren't naughty things, but they sure are funny! What a personality! Mutte

Karen said...

Is there a post named "Lydia dropped him"? Just wondered if I missed something....

Boyd Family said...

Those moments when your kids say funny things are the best. Keep writing them down. The camping trip looked fun. I keep thinking we ought to do that sometime!!

Michelle said...

No, there wasn't a post titled "Lydia dropped him." I was trying to be funny and I guess it didn't work. What I meant was for you to insert "Lydia dropped him" into the spot where I said "he fell," thus, you would have read the sentence "Apparently her Duplo boy was going to the bathroom and Lydia dropped him into the toilet" instead of reading it the way I wrote it saying he fell in. I hope that makes sense. I have a slight cold right now and just don't feel all that fabulous, so hopefully I explained myself correctly. Sorry if I confused you all.

Beth said...

I knew what you meant! :) Maybe that's 'cause I'm your Mom. (Please read: Moms know everything.)
Love you!

Karen said...

Makes sense now that you explained... I guess I would have said "please read as" or "Insert" - but then we all have individual styles of writing. Self expression is a wonderful thing - as long as the audience doesn't misinterpret the words! Thank for the clarification, I fell a little silly that I didn't get it the first time...