I don't think that I tell my family how wonderful they are often enough. I guess it gets pretty tricky when you realize that we are currently living on 2 continents, in 2 countries, in 3 states, and that it is going to be changing very soon!! I thought I would devote a post to telling them each something that I appreciate about each one of them. So, we'll start from the end.
Andrew
I love that Andrew gets excited when we come home to visit. That he is willing to be put out a little bit by the fact that we are there, and loves my girls! I love to be able to spend time with him, and hang out. I feel like Andrew and I have a special bond (actually, I feel that way about all of my siblings, and that it is unique to each one), and that we will always have a good relationship!
Natalie
I love that Natalie talks to Lydia on the phone, and she may look like a dork to everyone else (I listen to these conversations, and they actually are quite funny), but she makes Lydia feel special. I love that she is my sister, and that we have been able to become closer as we have become older, and I wish that we could be closer to each other. Maybe one day.
Elder Ryan
I love that Ryan is setting such a wonderful example by serving the Lord and giving up two years of his life. He has changed so much, and it is wonderful to see his growth. I am looking forward to him getting to see Lydia again, and to meet our little Claire. I can't wait to see him!
Jeff (and now we can add Kimia!)
I really enjoyed being able to spend time with Jeff while we lived in Provo. It was so nice to be able to feel like I had some of my immediate family close by. I liked that he was able to build a little bit of a relationship with Lydia, and that she got to spend time with him. I love that he married in the temple a wonderful woman who now gets to love my girls too! I wish that we could be closer to them too.
Mom
I don't know what to say. She is one of my best friends, and is always willing to listen as I vent or bounce ideas off of her, or share the newest trick that one of my girls has done! She is always there, and I appreciate that. I don't know what I would have done without her growing up! I wish that we were closer, but at least we have free phone calls and webcam!
Dad
I love dad's short phone calls to see how we are doing. He always sounds excited about the things that my girls are doing, and their new accomplishments. He has set a wonderful example of church service, and I am grateful for that.
I love my family and am grateful for them. They all are wonderful in their own ways. I wish that we could see each other more often, and am excited for when Ryan gets home and we can all be together. I love you all!
Love,
Michelle
3 comments:
What sweet things you have to say about your family and what a great family you have!!! So...what's changing soon, exactly? :)
What I meant by what is changing soon is where we all will be living. Ryan will be getting home from his mission in November, and then in January going to BYU. And Jeff and Kimia will be moving after Jeff graduates from BYU in December. We aren't going anywhere for a while though!
Michelle,
Thank you for your sweet words to the family. I love how you are so dedicated to your immediate family and do such a wonderful job taking care of your girls and hubby! I also appreciate your efforts to stay in touch with each of us and the service you give to the Lord through church service. I love you!! Mom
Post a Comment