Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goodbye Tree

On Saturday, the tree that was in our little yard was removed. The tree was definitely too big for the space that it occupied, and our landlord didn't really like it. To top it off, the HOA told our landlord that the tree needed to come down for insurance purposes. I must admit, I was a little sad. I liked the shade it provided, and it helped keep the patio a little cooler in the summer when we were out on it. I won't miss the berries that it dropped in April (it was a mulberry tree, and boy was it a mess!!), and I won't miss having to rake up the leaves, and sweep them out of our carport, but still, it was a bittersweet moment.

Unfortunately, we forgot to get a before picture. But here is Lydia sitting in the stroller, watching as the young men from our ward and some of their leaders, helped our landlord, Mark, take down the tree.



Here is a picture of the tree when most of it was cut.
Here is a picture of some of the branches that you can view from our back door.
This is looking at the branches they had taken down from across the street.


This was a pretty solid tree. There were two loads of debris taken to the dump; I am not sure how much the first load was, but the second load was 2300 lbs!!

Thanks to everyone that helped out! The tree was down and taken away in a little over 2 hours! It is amazing what service can do!

By the way, I have gone a little post happy today, keep scrolling down to read the other 3 posts I have made!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow! Taking the tree down really did open up the space. Do you feel a little exposed? I'm sure you'll get used to it. Maybe now you'll have enough sun to grow a little garden!

Jamie W. said...

What a huge tree. That's too bad about the shade but, nice to have more room. 2300 lbs. WOW.